These are not just any chocolate covered pretzel rods. The chocolate has been delicately spiced with all the popular Fall flavors. Chocolate, spice, and the salt on the pretzel takes this classic treat and turns it into a mouth-watering indulgence.
Let’s get on to the Sweet, Salty, and Spiced goodness.
Spiced Chocolate Pretzel Rods
Chocolate spiced with fall flavors like nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 11.5 oz bag of melting chocolate chips or wafers
- 8 oz bag of vanilla white candy melts
- 8 oz box of pretzel rods
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- A dash of ground cloves
Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method. (see notes if you are unfamiliar with this method)
Melt candy melts in a separate double boiler.
When chocolate is fully melted add in the spices and stir until completely blended.
Cover pretzel rods with chocolate leaving enough space at the bottom of the rod for the "handle". (see notes for the best way to cover a pretzel rod.)
Place chocolate covered pretzel rods on a wax paper-lined tray.
Put melted vanilla candy in a piping bag or in a ziplock bag and cut the tip. The candy will be HOT so the bag will get HOT! Please be cautious about handling the bag.
Drizzle the melted candy over the chocolate covered pretzel rods.
Place the tray in the refrigerator.
They are ready when the chocolate and candy have set.
Store in an airtight container.
- No special equipment needed for the double boiler method. See my post on Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips for directions and pictures.
- Add festive colored sprinkles for holiday occasions.
- Here is the best way I found to cover the pretzel rods.
1. Hold pretzel rod over melted chocolate.
2. With a spoon dollop a spoonful of chocolate onto the pretzel.
3. Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate evenly up and down the rod leaving enough space for the "handle"
4. Add more chocolate as necessary.
5. I spread the chocolate on thick enough so that I don't scrap against the salt-crusted on the pretzel.