Recipe for Coffee Cream filled Eclairs with Kahlua Chocolate Glaze. An eclair filled with a coffee flavored whipped cream and topped with a Kahlua chocolate glaze. A decadent flavorful dessert for the coffee lover.
Recipe for Coffee Cream filled Eclairs with Kahlua Chocolate Glaze. A decadent Eclair with coffee whipped cream and a Kahlua-infused chocolate glaze.
In North Beach, MD there is a little bakery that makes a giant eclair. When my parents come for a visit we always go down to the bakery and my dad always gets that giant eclair. Can’t blame him. It is pretty awesome. If you are traveling through Maryland and find yourself in North Beach stop in Sweet Sue’s Bakery. You won’t regret it. Since they had done the Giant Eclair it had me wanting to do a unique eclair.
Nothing says love like coffee. Well in our house it does. Coffee flavors gave inspiration to my eclairs and the Coffee Cream filled Eclairs with Kahlua Chocolate Glaze was born. A puffed pastry filled with coffee whipped cream then topped with melted chocolate with a shot of Kahlua.
Believe me when I tell you these things are so freaking good. Like, the best dessert I have ever made! Seriously!
You can not double this recipe. I have tried and it just wasn’t the same. You can’t mess with a good thing by wanting more. I also want to point out that the Kahlua chocolate glaze is great on ice cream. It actually probably tastes great on anything.
Coffee Cream Filled Eclair with Kahlua Chocolate Glaze
Coffee Cream filled Eclairs with Kahlua Chocolate Glaze
For the Cream Filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Shell:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
For the Glaze:
- 8 oz. semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 oz. Kahlua
For the Cream Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream, sugar, coffee, and vanilla and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture and the beater you will be using to beat the mixture for an hour.
- Meanwhile make the pastry shells.Recipe follows.
- When you are ready to fill the Eclairs beat the cream mixture until stiff.
For the Shells:
- In a medium saucepan bring water, butter, and salt to boiling.
- Remove from heat and beat in flour.
- Return the saucepan to a low heat and beat until mixture forms a ball and mixtures pulls away from sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Continue to beat until the dough is shiny and satiny.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet drop 6 rounded tablespoonfuls of dough in a line. Smooth the top of the dough and form into a log. Repeat this step until all your dough is gone. (about 5-6 logs)
- Bake at 400F for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut the eclair in half with a serrated knife.
- Set shells aside.
- Make glaze. Recipe follows
For the Glaze:
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter.
- Once chocolate has melted add corn syrup, milk, and Kahlua stir until smooth.
- Set a side.
- Beat your cream mixture until stiff.
- Pipe or spoon the cream mixture onto the eclair.
- Place the top half of the pastry gently on top of the cream.
- Spoon on the chocolate glaze. Spreading evenly with the back side of the spoon.
- Then drizzle more chocolate glaze over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Serve these immediately and refrigerate any leftovers. Since the filling is whipped cream based this eclair will stay good for about 24 hours before the whipped cream starts to lose its consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g
Saturday 13th of February 2016
Nothing finer, great for everyday, better as a present!
Alli @ Tornadough Alli
Thursday 11th of February 2016
Yum these look divine. My husband is a big eclair fan and I think these need to be made soon!! I would absolutely love for you to come link up with us at Throwback Thursday if you get the chance!
Friday 12th of February 2016
Thanks Alli for you comment. My husband was a big fan of these eclairs! I hope your husband enjoys them too!