Mexican Coffee Recipe with Kahlua, a dash of vanilla syrup, and cinnamon topped off with whipped cream.
The rich color, smooth flavor, and the warmth of the mug just take me to my happy place. As if any of us coffee lovers needed an excuse to drink coffee after dinner here is my Mexican Coffee Cocktail Recipe.
Working from home there is no justification for driving to a local coffee shop for premium coffee drinks. It is just more affordable to make them at home. I might drink 3 vanilla lattes in one day. At a local coffee house that could cost up to $12. At a restaurant, a Mexican Coffee can cost up to $9. Ouch! Take your coffee seriously and start brewing at home!
How to Froth Milk without an espresso machine.
This inexpensive milk frother is the best thing on the planet according to any coffee lover. It steams and froths milk in about a minute.
I have the Keurig K-Cafe and it is a workhorse! It has a built-in milk frother. Easy to clean and convenient.
Check out my Cold Brew Bourbon Mocha. It is a game-changer!
Mexican Coffee Recipe
- 3 oz. espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 3 oz. steamed milk or half & half
- 1 oz. vanilla syrup
- 0.5 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur
- a dash of cinnamon and a pinch to sprinkle on top.
- whipped cream for topping
- Brew espresso and steam/frothed milk.
- In a mug pour in espresso, vanilla syrup, Kahlua, tequila, and a dash of cinnamon and stir.
- Pour in steamed frothed milk.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
See the post above for our tips on frothing milk if you don't have an espresso machine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g