Calling all bourbon lovers: If you haven’t experienced the decadence of a Cold Brew Cocktail, you’re missing out! Combining the smooth taste of bourbon with creamy cold brew and topped off with a drizzle of chocolate syrup, this libation is sure to awaken your taste buds.
Bourbon in Coffee? Yes! A Cold Brew Bourbon Iced Coffee with Chocolate Syrup and Half and Half to be exact. Get your shaker ready and whip up your own version with this irresistible recipe: mix together bourbon, cold brew, half & half, and chocolate syrup. You won’t be able to resist this irresistible concoction!
Sitting in Louisville, KY the heart of Bourbon Country is an outstanding restaurant called Toast on Market. I had the most amazing breakfast and a Bourbon Cold Brew Mocha. I was in love and it wasn’t the booze talking. This bourbon coffee drink was magic.
As if you need a reason to put bourbon in coffee here are a few.
- Sunday Brunch Cocktail!
- Afternoon cocktails with friends
- Parent-Teacher Conference
- BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ADULT!
Ingredients for a Bourbon Cold Brew Cocktail
For a coffee whiskey cocktail, you will want to use bourbon. Those dark rich tones of oak and brown sugar blend fabulously in this bourbon coffee cocktail.
- Bourbon – We used Buffalo Trace.
- Cold Brew Coffee – You can find Starbucks Cold Brew or Stok Cold Brew Coffee in your local grocery stores.
- Half & Half
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Cherry, garnish.
Bourbon in Coffee: How does it taste?
Along with the cream and chocolate, the bourbon actually complements the flavors. This drink is like a dessert or a crazy concoction from Starbucks. Trust me it is good. But as I said before, you may have to tweak it to your liking.
I don’t recommend straight hot black coffee and a shot of bourbon unless you are sick with a cold and have to get out of bed. Whiskey is medicine after all.
Flavor Swaps for this Bourbon Coffee Drink
This doesn’t have to be a Mocha. Here are some flavor swaps to try! (Since you did just make a bunch of Cold Brew Concentrates you might as well get a little creative.)
- Trade out Chocolate Syrup for Caramel Syrup
- Use flavored whole-bean coffee like vanilla, Hawaiian Coconut, or hazelnut.
- Also, use flavored creamers instead of Half & Half.
- Instead of vanilla extract use almond extract.
More Coffee Cocktails
I put more than just bourbon in coffee. Below are all the boozy coffee cocktails here on Daily Appetite.
- Mexican Coffee – A blend of Coffee, Cream, Cinnamon, and Tequila.
- Mocha Irish Cream Frappuccino – If Irish Whiskey is on your shelf try this Mocha Irish Cream Cocktail.
- Black Russian Shots – This coffee vodka shooter will have you buzzing all morning.
- White Irish Mocha
- Blue Mountain Cocktail – Ok there isn’t any coffee in this cocktail but it tastes as it does. It is weird! No kidding!
More Bourbon Cocktails
- 15+ Tried & True Bourbon Cocktails – All of our bourbon cocktails and food recipes lined up in one place for your browsing pleasure!
Bourbon Cold Brew Mocha Recipe
- 5 oz. Cold Brew Coffee
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 3 tbsp Half & Half
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup, plus more to swirl on your glass.
- whipped cream, garnish
- cherry, garnish
- Drizzle chocolate syrup along the inside of your glass then add ice.
- Mix all ingredients except garnishes in a shaker or cocktail mixing glass.
- Pour the cocktail over your ice. Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry.
You can buy prepared Cold Brew Coffee by Stok or Starbucks in your local grocery store. Or read the post above on how to make Cold Brew Concentrate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 2g