Ricotta Stuffed Shells are filled with ricotta and 5 kinds of cheese, smothered with a Sweet Italian Sausage Marinara sauce then baked to bubbling perfection.
I have to admit I haven’t made a lasagna in almost a year. I love a good lasagna but my kids prefer this loaded to the rim cheese stuffed pasta shells. That pocket of hot bubbly melted cheese is pretty darn glorious.
I add sweet Italian sausage to the marina but you could add ground beef or ground turkey if you prefer. Serve this dinner up with a warm loaf of Italian bread and butter and you are set.
This Ricotta Stuffed Shells Recipe is bursting at the rim full of 6 kinds of cheese. I cover the Ricotta Stuffed Shells with marina and sweet Italian sausage. I season the cheese mixture with garlic and Italian seasonings.
This family favorite dinner recipe of Ricotta Stuffed Shells will be a sure hit with your family too. Even my picky eaters love it.
Ricotta Stuffed Shells Video
Ricotta Stuffed Shells Recipe Tips
- Multi-Task this recipe. Boil Shells and cook the Italian sausage at the same time. While shells are cooling preheat the oven, mix together the cheese filling, and add marina sauce to the cooked sausage. Once shells have cooled you can assemble the dish. Stuff shells, pour over the sauce, then pop it in the oven.
- Let the shells cool before handling them to stuff. In the video, I used a wooden spoon to add the filling. It is easier to use a regular spoon.
- Just like lasagna, the leftovers are just as good the next day. Store separate servings (lunch size portions) in airtight containers. Place in the refrigerator. The leftovers are good for about 2 days. On the third day, they tend to get a little dried out.
More Italian Inspired Dinner Recipes
Ricotta Stuffed Shells Printable Recipe
- 1/2 of a 12 ounce box of Jumbo Shells
- 15 ounce Ricotta
- 4 ounce shredded Italian Five Cheese Blend
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground Sweet Italian Sausage
- 24 oz. jar of Marinara or your favorite Italian sauce.
- Spray nonstick spray into a 9x13
- Boil shells per box instructions for prebake
- Mix together ricotta, Italian cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning
- Let shells cool. Then fill with cheese mixture.
- Cook Italian Sausage and drain off any excess fat.
- Add the pasta sauce to the sausage.
- Pour over the stuffed shells and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degree for 30 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g