This Easy Ravioli Lasagna recipe comes together with 5 simple ingredients and is ready in under 1 hour!
Ingredients For Ravioli Lasagna
Scroll down for Recipe Card
- Spicy Italian Sausage (Substitute: sweet Italian Sausage, ground beef, ground turkey)
- Pasta Sauce (Use your favorite pasta sauce. For this recipe, we used Prego Three Cheese Marinara Sauce.
- Italian Sausage Ravioli Fresh or Frozen. For this recipe, we used Rana Italian Sausage Ravioli. In the past, we have used frozen ravioli and it comes out just the same.
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Fresh Italian Herbs
How to Make this Easy Ravioli Lasagna
This dinner recipe couldn’t be easier!
Preheat your oven to 350F.
First, cook the ground Italian Sausage in a saucepan. Drain the excess fat and stir in the pasta sauce.
Next, you are going to layer the Ravioli Lasagna. First, spread a thin layer of sauce along the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Now you are ready to layer the bottom with half of the ravioli. Add another layer of sauce. Then a layer of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat the layers:
Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the sauce and cheesy are bubbly.
Garnish with fresh chopped Italian herbs like parsley, oregano, and basil.
What to Serve with Ravioli Lasagna
- French Bread or Bread Sticks
Instructions for Storing Leftovers
Refrigerator: Cover the baking dish with plastic food wrap or transfer ravioli lasagna to an airtight container to keep maximum moisture. Leftovers are best for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Do not remove the leftover lasagna from the baking dish. Cover with plastic food wrap and refrigerate overnight. This will firm up the ravioli lasagna for easier cutting and bagging. Slice the ravioli lasagna into individual portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Store wrapped lasagna servings in a freezer-safe bag or vacuum seal the portions in vacuum bags. Lasagna will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Recipes Like This One!
- 1 pound ground spicy Italian sausage
- 1 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 20 to 24 oz bag of frozen or refrigerated ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian Herbs for garnish, Basil, Thyme, Oregano, or Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium-sized pot cook the sausage over medium heat. Drain excess fat. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of your pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Arrange half of the ravioli over the sauce.
- Top with half of the sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layer with the remaining ingredients: Ravioli, sauce, and then cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for about 10 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- *Optional: Change oven settings to broil. Broil on low for 3 minutes to get the cheese extra bubbly. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh herbs like basil, chopped parsley, or thyme.
- When cooking the ground sausage break up the chunks as much as possible.
- Get all the pasta sauce out of your jar by adding about 2 tablespoons of water to the jar. Cover with the lid and give it a good swirl and pour into your saucepot.
- For extra saucy lasagna use the larger jars of pasta sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 36gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 35g