Egg Cup Recipe with Sautéed Ham and Kale with Cheddar Cheese.
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Egg Cups
- Deli Sliced Ham
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar
How to Make Egg Cups
The first thing to know is that Egg Cups are totally customizable. Use what you have. If you don’t have Kale substitute with Spinach.
Prep your ingredients.
- Dice the Deli Ham.
- Chop your Kale.
Next, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper. Add ham, kale, and cheddar. Save some cheddar for later to sprinkle over the tops.
Spray your muffin tin.
Spoon mixture into the muffin cavities. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the tops.
Finally, bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400F.
Refrigerate leftover baked egg cups in an airtight container. They will keep for 2 to 3 days.
To reheat place an egg cup on a microwavable safe plate and heat for 30 seconds or until heated through.
- 5 eggs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 3 slices deli sliced ham, diced
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 3 oz. shredded cheddar, reserve a few pinches to sprinkle on top of the breakfast cups
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add ham, kale, and cheddar to the eggs.
- Use a spoon and mix together the ingredients.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture equally into 6 muffin cavities.
- Sprinkle extra shredded cheese on top of the cups if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 F.
Variation with Sauteed Ham and Onions
In a small skillet melt half a tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add diced ham and a tablespoon of finely diced onion. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside. Add to egg mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 egg cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g