Use these Box Mix Muffin hacks to make the best box mix Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping just like the bakery. These steps make box muffin mix better.
How to Make Box Muffin Mix Better
1. Add Fresh Blueberries to Muffin Mix
Adding fresh blueberries to your boxed blueberry muffin mix will give them a big burst of flavor and color.
Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries to the boxed muffin batter.
2. The Trick to Getting Fluffy Muffins.
There is nothing worse than a muffin with the consistency of a hockey puck. The trick to getting fluffy muffins is all in the mixing.
You will want to mix the box muffin mix batter in as few strokes as possible.
- Mix with an electric hand mixer.
- Mix in a stand mixer.
Before adding the dry muffin mix, mix together the wet ingredients. With a wooden spoon, mix the batter scraping from the bottom and pulling up. Fold the batter gently until the batter is just mixed.
3. Baking Temperature to get Muffins to Rise.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Don’t worry about the temperature on your box mix. The high heat will make your muffins rise high!
Allow the muffins to bake at 425F for 5 minutes. Then reduce the heat to what the box mix directs. Bake for the same amount of time as the box mix directs MINUS 5 minutes.
4. How much Batter per Muffin Tin?
For a nice muffin top fill your muffin tin 3/4 full per muffin.
5. Crumb Topping (Streusel Topping) for Blueberry Muffins
This crumb topping is made with sugar, butter, and flour. The sweet buttery streusel topping is made and then crumbled over the top of the muffins before going in the oven. The Crumb Topping bakes right on top of the muffins.
Crumb Topping for Muffins
Streusel Crumb Topping for muffins.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small mixing bowl mix together ingredients until it turns into crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over muffns before baking.
- The crumb topping will bake along with your muffins. There is no need to adjust the temperature or time.
- You can use all white sugar if you do not have brown sugar.
- Add about a teaspoon of flour at a time as needed if not getting a crumb texture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g