Corn Pudding Recipe made with honey for a sweet corn casserole side dish. Imagine a moist, melt-in-your-mouth cornbread that you eat with a spoon!
Corn Pudding or spoonbread is a Southern Corn Casserole Recipe. It is made with a cornbread baking mix, creamed corn, butter, and sour cream. The ingredients are whipped together and baked. The finished recipe results in a creamy cornbread texture.
Our cream corn casserole recipe is made with Honey Cornbread mix instead of Jiffy. We also add an extra tablespoon of honey to sweeten up the corn pudding even more. It is served warm and melts in your mouth! A little drizzle of honey over the top is like icing on the cake. This is by far the best cornbread pudding recipe and it is an easy corn recipe for holidays.
Ingredients for Corn Pudding
Traditionally a little blue box of Jiffy cornbread is used. But for our recipe, we wanted to kick up the classic cornbread pudding a notch with quality and flavor.
- Honey Cornbread & Muffin Mix ( We use Krusteaz Honey Cornbread)
- Cream Style Corn
- Butter Softened
- Sour Cream
How to Make Baked Corn Pudding
Making a corn pudding is easy. It is blending all the ingredients together, grease a baking dish, and the oven does the rest. This corn pudding is an easy corn side dish to through together.
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, mix together all the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Make sure your butter is softened so everything blends evenly.
Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking dish and pour in the corn pudding batter.
Bake for 50 minutes. Remove the cornbread casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Slice or scoop out a serving and drizzle honey over the top!
Corn Pudding Variations
The original corn pudding recipe is great but to take your corn pudding up a notch try these recommendations.
- Add 1 1/2 of shredded cheddar cheese. Omit extra honey.
- Use a plain cornbread muffin mix. Omit the honey. It is a classic!
- Make it a Mexican Corn Pudding by adding some spice with drained diced green chiles.
How to Serve Corn Pudding Casserole
Corn Pudding is served warm as a side dish. When it comes to corn side dishes this one always comes to mind. It is the perfect holiday side dish for Thanksgiving. Corn casserole also pairs well with fried chicken and green beans.
Corn Pudding Leftovers
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Corn Pudding is good for 3 to 4 days. Reheat portions in a microwave for 20-second intervals until heated through.
Corn Pudding Recipe
- 1 package Honey Cornbread & Muffin Mix, We use Krusteaz Honey Cornbread
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 can Cream Style Corn
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- extra honey to drizzle over the top.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking dish and pour in the corn pudding batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve a heaping spoonful and drizzle honey over the top!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g