Try this easy, delicious Instant Pot Green Beans recipe made with fresh green beans and bacon! In under 20 minutes, you can have a restaurant-quality side dish right at home. Get your appetite ready for a flavorful experience with this recipe that combines fresh bacon with green beans in your Instant Pot.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Green Beans
- Fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed.
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- Chicken broth, or beef broth – I prefer beef broth especially if having these beans with a steak.
- All-Purpose Seasoning or Seasoning Salt. We use Nick’s Seasoning.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to Make Green Beans in the Instant Pot
Follow this easy-to-follow guide to learn how to make green beans in the Instant Pot in just 8 minutes! All you need is bacon, butter, chicken broth, all-purpose seasoning, salt, and pepper to complete this delicious dish.
First, press the saute button on your Instant Pot and allow it to preheat. Lightly spray the pot with cooking spray. Add bacon to the pot and cook bacon until it is crispy. Do not drain the bacon grease.
Next, add the chicken broth. Scrape any bacon bits that may have gotten stuck to the bottom of the pot. Turn off the Instant Pot for now.
Add the remaining ingredients, (green beans, butter, all-purpose seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste).
Cover and seal the Instant Pot and turn it on to Manual High. Set the timer for 8 minutes. When the timer goes off let the Instant Pot come to a Natural Release. This will be about 10 minutes. Once the pin drops and all the pressure has been released open the lid.
Finally, Give the green beans a good toss in all those flavors and serve.
What to Serve with Pressure Cooker Green Beans
These beans are absolutely fabulous alongside anything off the smoker like our Smoked Spatchcock Chicken or this juicy Smoked Tri Tip. Make the meal complete with our Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Find all of my Instant Pot Recipes in one place!
Instant Pot Green Beans
Try this easy, delicious Instant Pot Green Bean recipe made with fresh green beans and bacon! In under 20 minutes, you can have a restaurant-quality side dish right at home. Get your appetite ready for a flavorful experience with this recipe that combines fresh bacon with green beans in your Instant Pot.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp All-Purpose Seasoning or Seasoning Salt
- salt & Pepper to taste
- Press the Saute button on your Instant Pot and allow it to preheat. Lightly spray the pot with cooking spray.
- Saute the bacon until crispy. Do not drain the bacon grease.
- Add chicken broth and scrape any bits stuck to the bacon. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients cover and set your Instant Pot to Manual High, 8 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to come to a Natural Release. Stir and serve.
- You can substitute beef broth for chicken broth. We make it both ways. If it is a chicken dinner we are serving these Instant Pot Green Beans with then we use chicken broth. Same for beef broth. If the main course is beef then I will use beef broth.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 1178mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.