Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken recipe perfect for Tacos, Burritos, Nachos, and more. All it takes is 3 ingredients and can be used in a variety of dishes.
The end of 2017 Instant Pot’s was the hottest kitchen item to have. Amazon sold out by morning on Cyber Monday. It was the present everyone couldn’t wait to open on Christmas.
Now that you have one, what are you going to make??? Like everyone else, I started with hard-boiled eggs then moved on to rice and chicken. There were some recipes that were complete flops and some that was convenient and delicious.
My Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos are pretty regular in the dinner rotation. Now armed with an Instant Pot I decided to revamp that recipe for the Instant Pot and add some lime. Salsa Lime Chicken Instant Pot Recipe was born!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Salsa – You can make your own salsa with this recipe. Or you can use your favorite jarred salsa. Pictured is with my jarred restaurant-style salsa.
- Limes – Limes come in a lot of sizes. If you have large ones. use one lime. If you have small limes, use two. Use the rest of the limes for Margaritas! Get every bit of juice out of the lime with a citrus press like this one!
How to make Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
This is one of the easiest recipes you can make in your Instant Pot. You just dump the ingredients and set the Instant Pot for 25 minutes on manual high. Shred the chicken with two forks and serve!
Ways to Serve Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken
- Do not shred the chicken breast. Carefully lift the chicken breasts out of the instant pot and place it on a bed of yellow rice.
Shred and use on:
- inside Quesadillas
- Taco Salads
- on Tostadas
- inside Enchiladas.
How to Handle Leftover Salsa Lime Chicken
- Store leftovers in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Here you can find more Instant Pot Chicken Recipes.
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Ham
- Instant Pot Tamales
- Browse all of our Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken
Tender juicy chicken breasts with salsa and bursts of lime.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 16 ounces Salsa
- juice from 1 large lime
Place chicken breasts in the instant pot.
Pour salsa over the chicken
Pour lime juice over the top of the salsa
Cover, Click on the Poultry Setting and set timer for 25 minutes.
Once cooking is over do a quick release. Once the floating valve has dropped remove the lid.
See serving suggestions in the blog post above.