How to make Instant Pot Boiled Eggs. Make perfect boiled eggs every time in your pressure cooker. Use the eggs for salads, or deviled eggs, or just eat them as is!
The tasty versatile egg! We run through eggs in this house just as fast as milk. Whether it is scrambled for breakfast or fried and stacked on top of a grilled burger, the egg can do no wrong. Failure is usually on my part. I have turned poached eggs turn into stringy saltwater monsters. I have made over hard with the intent of over easy. Then there are under-boiled eggs and over-boiled eggs.
Everyone has a theory and method on how to boil the perfect egg. Now that the Instant Pot is here it can put to rest all those methods. The best way to boil an egg is in an instant pot.
Ways to Serve Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Browse all of our Instant Pot Recipes.
How to Make Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- 4-6 eggs, large
- 1 cup water
- Place the steam basket in your instant pot.
- Add the water. 1 cup for 6 quart instant pot and 1.5 cups of water for 8 quart instant pot.
- Place the eggs in the steam basket
- Cover and select, "Manual"
- Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- The instant pot will come to pressure and the timer will start.
- Once the 5-minute cook time has elapsed allow the eggs to continue to cook for another 5 minutes while the instant pot does a natural pressure release. Once the 5 minutes are up do a quick release to release the remaining pressure.
- Place eggs in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Peel off the egg shells.
- Prepare and serve as desired. Refrigerate any unused boiled eggs.
I am using the 6 quart DUO60 Instant Pot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 9g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.