Chef’s Salad is filled with crisp lettuce, fresh vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, deli meat, and cheese. This entree-sized Chef’s Salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
This super-sized Chef’s Salad is great for lunch or dinner. You can even split it with another person for a smaller portion. The fresh veggies, meat, and eggs will satisfy your hunger and leave you full. This is a perfect back to school lunch to pack or an easy and quick dinner to throw together on those busy weekday nights.
Chef’s Salad Ingredients
A basic Chef’s Salad is a salad with lettuce, cold meats (such as deli meats), egg, and cheese. We expand on it with fresh vegetables, croutons, and fresh ranch dressing.
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Deli Meats such as Turkey and Ham
- Cheddar Cheese
- Red Onion
- Your choice of salad dressing.
- You are the Chef so add anything else that appeals to you.
Salad Dressings for Chef’s Salad
We use Ranch dressing for our Chef’s Salad. Here is a list of salad dressing that pair well with Chef’s Salad.
- Blue Cheese
- Thousand Island
How to Make a Chef’s Salad
First hard boil your eggs. Peel and allow the eggs to cool. Next, chop the lettuce. Make a bed of lettuce in a large bowl. Julienne your carrots and layer over the top of the lettuce or arrange as pictured. Next chop the remaining vegetables, dice the egg, and shred the cheese. Add these to your bowl. Finish with croutons and a side of Ranch dressing. You can toss the salad or arrange the ingredients as pictured.
- For the carrot ribbons, I used The Titan Julienne Tool. I love the Titan peeler too. I won’t peel an apple, carrot, potato, or anything else without that tool. I use the julienne tool on other veggies to make stir-fries and broccoli slaw. It is an essential kitchen gadget to have in your kitchen.
What to serve with Chef’s Salad
Although this salad can be a meal all on its own it can be served as a side salad. It pairs well with a grilled steak and baked potato.
More Recipes related to Chef’s Salad
Chef’s Salad Recipe
Chef's Salad is full of crisp lettuce, fresh vegetables, and deli meat and cheese. This entree-sized salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 small carrot ribbon sliced using the Titan slicer (mentioned in post above).
- 5 thin slices of cucumber quartered
- 5 thin slices of red onion
- 2 slices deli turkey rolled then sliced
- 2 slices deli ham rolled then sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 boiled egg sliced
- 1/4 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing
On a plate make a bed of lettuce.
Layer on the ingredients.
Serve with a side of Ranch dressing or choice dressing.