Chef Salad is filled with crisp lettuce, fresh vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, deli meat, and cheese. This entree-sized Chef’s Salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
This super-sized Chef Salad recipe is great for lunch or dinner. You can even split it with another person for a smaller portion. Fresh veggies, lunch meat, and eggs will satisfy your hunger and leave you full. This is a perfect back to school lunch to pack or an easy and quick dinner to throw together on those busy weekday nights.
Chef Salad Ingredients
A Chefs Salad (or Chef’s Salad) is an American salad with lettuce, cold meats (such as deli meats), egg, and cheese. We expand on it with fresh vegetables, croutons, and salad dressing. Here is a list of what is in a Chef Salad:
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Deli Meats – (lunch meats) such as Turkey and Ham
- Carrots – For the carrot ribbons, I used The Titan Julienne Tool. I love the Titan peeler too. I won’t peel an apple, carrot, potato, or anything else without that tool. I use the julienne tool on other veggies to make stir-fries and broccoli slaw. It is an essential kitchen gadget to have in your kitchen
- Cheddar Cheese
- Red Onion
- Homemade Croutons
- Your choice of salad dressing.
If you have leftover cornbread try out Cornbread Croutons for a unique and delicious salad topper! They are crispy on the outside, and chewy on the inside treats are nothing like your typical croutons. Unlike the usual dry and crumbly texture, these snacks are an addictive combination of crunchy and tender. You won’t want to stop eating them!
The difference between a chef’s salad and a Cobb salad is that a Cobb salad has chopped chicken, bacon, avocado, and blue cheese.
Chef Salad Dressing
We use Ranch dressing for our Chef Salad. Here is a list of salad dressings for a Chef Salad.
- Blue Cheese
- Thousand Island
How to Make a Chef Salad
Before you start prepping your chef’s salad keep the presentation in mind. A Chef Salad is presented in a bowl or deep plate on a bed of iceberg lettuce. Line chef salad ingredients in vertical rows on top of the lettuce.
- First, hard boil your eggs. Peel and allow the eggs to cool.
- Next, chop the lettuce. Make a bed of lettuce in a large bowl.
- Julienne your carrots and layer over the top of the lettuce or arrange them as pictured.
- Next, chop the remaining vegetables, dice the egg, and shred the cheese. Add these to your bowl.
- Finish with croutons and a side of Ranch dressing. You can toss the salad or arrange the ingredients as pictured.
What to serve with Chef’s Salad
Although this salad can be a meal all on its own it can be served as a side salad. Serve the following with a chef’s salad.
- Steak or Chicken
- Baked Potato
More Salad Recipes
Chefs Salad Recipe
Chef Salad is full of crisp lettuce, fresh vegetables, and deli lunch meat and cheese. This entree-sized Chefs salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 small carrot, ribbon sliced using the Titan slicer (mentioned in post above).
- 5 thin slices of cucumber, quartered
- 5 thin slices of red onion
- 2 slices deli turkey, rolled then sliced
- 2 slices deli ham, rolled then sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 boiled egg, sliced
- 1/4 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- On a plate make a bed of lettuce.
- Layer on the ingredients.
- Serve with a side of Ranch dressing or choice dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 17gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 20g