Have restaurant-style salsa at home with this Blender Salsa Recipe made with fresh tomatoes. It is super easy and super quick.
This is our salsa recipe made in our Ninja blender using fresh tomatoes. We make it on the weekends or for Mexican night. It is so fresh and flavorful. This recipe makes a lot and I will use the leftovers to make Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos Recipe or my Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken. Store leftovers in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator.
This recipe gets better in the Summer when we have fresh ingredients right out of the garden.
For this recipe, I use my Ninja Blender. If you are in the market for a great blender this is the one to buy! I love it and can’t go back to anything else.
Ingredients for Blender Salsa
This blended Salsa recipe is so easy and so good. You will not ever want to go back to store-bought salsa. When making blended salsa always use fresh tomatoes. Never use canned!
- Fresh Roma Tomatoes
- Green Onions
- Lime Juice
- You can tweak this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few suggestions.
- Use fresh cilantro instead of cilantro paste. You can find cilantro paste by the herbs in the produce section.
- Add more cilantro to taste
- Use more or fewer jalapenos.
- Omit the tabasco sauce.
- Find your flavors and start experimenting to create your own signature salsa recipe.
How to DeSeed a Roma Tomato
There is nothing like fresh tomato blender salsa right out of the garden. Before you go throwing tomatoes in the blender you need to deseed the Romas.
- Turn the tomato on its side.
- Slice it in half.
- Take a melon baller or a teaspoon and scoop out the seeds in the cavities.
- Now slice the Roma tomato.
Fresh Salsa Recipe made in a Blender
Fresh Salsa Made in a Blender
Fresh ingredients blended in a blender for a smooth and spicy Salsa.
- 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 8 green onions, only the white and light green parts, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro paste or fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a blender pulse the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and jalapenos to desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the lime juice, tabasco, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix until well blended.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers in an air tight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 16Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g