Skillet Cream Cheese Corn Recipe. Take corn to a new level with a few simple ingredients. The perfect side dish for any dinner or potluck.
Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, we rented a gorgeous cabin in the Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. It was gorgeous. We hiked to Grotto Falls, tasted Moonshine at the Ole Smoky Distillery, and we went to Dollywood. While at Dollywood my mom and sister had cream cheese corn and raved about it. The recipe was simply corn with cream cheese and butter.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Corn Recipe
Create a delicious, creamy dish with this easy recipe for Cream Cheese Corn. Try this family favorite for a unique side dish that’s sure to please. With only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes, you can make this recipe today!
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cream Cheese
- Whole Kernel Corn
How to make Skillet Cream Cheese Corn
- First, in a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Next, stir red pepper flakes into the butter.
- Cut cream cheese up into cubes for faster melting. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. The cream cheese will look like it’s curdling. Once the cream cheese is fully melted the texture will change to a smooth creamy texture.
- Add the corn to the cream cheese mixture and stir until blended and heated through.
Skillet Cream Cheese Corn Recipe Tips and Notes
- It is very important that you continue to stir throughout this entire recipe. This prevents the butter from being burned. It also helps the cream cheese to melt evenly.
- When the cream cheese melts in the butter it will look curdled. It is ok. Don’t toss it and think it is a recipe fail. Once you stir in the corn that curdled look will go away and it will be creamy. Watch the video below to see the transformation.
Garnishes: I garnished with Rosemary but parsley would work too.
You may also like these recipes:
Check out my list of 40+ Cast Iron Skillet Recipes for more recipes like this one. The list includes recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert!
Or try my Honey Corn Pudding Casserole. This corn side dish will melt in your mouth!
Skillet Cream Cheese Corn Recipe
- 8 tbsp butter, (1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cans whole kernel sweet corn, 15.25 ounce cans
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add red pepper flakes and stir into the butter
- Add the cream cheese and stir continuously until melted. The mixture will look curdled.
- Add corn and stir until fully mixed and heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.