Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches with Cream Cheese appetizers. Fast, easy, and no cooking required! These pinwheel sandwiches are sure to be a hit at your next party or family gathering.
Got tagged to bring something for a potluck? Create a flavor-packed Italian Pinwheel Sandwich with this easy-to-follow recipe! These Italian Pinwheels are great appetizers that require no cooking and little effort. The perfect finger food for snacking. Everyone loves these little rolled-up sandwiches.
Ingredients for Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches
(scroll down for the recipe card)
- Flour Tortilla
- Genoa Salami
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Cream Cheese
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Jarred Sweet Red Peppers
- Jarred Banana Peppers
How to Make Italian Pinwheels Sandwiches
This cream cheese pinwheel recipe is easy. It is simply layering ingredients on a tortilla and rolling. Once it is rolled up you slice it up and boom you have pinwheels! You don’t want to slice pinwheels too thin. The minimum should be at least 1 inch thick.
More Pinwheel Recipes
Once you make pinwheels you will want to make them again. You can create your own recipe with your favorite flavors.
Cold Pinwheel Recipe Ideas
Here is a list of ingredients to create cold pinwheel sandwich recipes.
- Cheeses: Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gouda, Colby. Any cheese that is deli/sandwich sliced will work.
- Deli Meats: Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef, Chicken, Bacon, Prosciutto
- Spreads: Cream Cheese Spreads, Ranch Dressing, Mustard, Mayonnaise
- Greens: Green Leaf, Boston, Spinach, Kale, Arugula
You can buy flavored cream cheese spreads in the refrigerated section of your supermarket. Try sweet instead of savory like honey pecan cream cheese spread.
I made these the other day. I added a dry ranch dressing mix to the cream cheese. The pinwheel sandwiches came out excellent.
There are so many variations to making pinwheels you can almost never go wrong!
How to store leftover Pinwheel Sandwiches
Pinwheel sandwiches are good for a day. The lettuce inside will start to wilt by the next day. I don’t recommend making these too far in advance unless you omit the lettuce.
Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches with Cream Cheese Recipe
Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches with Cream Cheese
Italian Pinwheels with pepperoni, salami, and provolone rolled up with a pepper cream cheese spread.
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 7 oz Genoa salami slices
- 7 oz pepperoni slices
- 9 slices Provolone cheese
- green leaf lettuce
Cream Cheese Spread:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup jarred sweet red peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup jarred banana peppers, chopped
For the Cream Cheese Spread
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
For the Pinwheels
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese spread onto the tortilla.
- Line 3 slices of Provolone cheese down the center of the tortilla.
- Make a single layer of green leaf lettuce that covers the tortilla
- Layer enough salami over the lettuce and repeat with the pepperoni.
- Roll tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice roll into about 1 inch thick pinwheels.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 755mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.