Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches with Cream Cheese appetizers. Fast, easy, and no cooking required! These pinwheel sandwiches are sure to be a hit at your next party or family gathering.
Got tagged to bring something for a potluck? Create a flavor-packed Italian Pinwheel Sandwich with this easy-to-follow recipe! These Italian Pinwheels are great appetizers that require no cooking and little effort. The perfect finger food for snacking. Everyone loves these little rolled-up sandwiches.
Ingredients for Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches
These Pinwheel Sandwiches are loaded with Italian Meat and Cheese. These ingredients get rolled up into a tasty pinwheel appetizer that will be gone in seconds.
- Flour Tortilla
- Genoa Salami
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Cream Cheese
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Jarred Sweet Red Peppers
- Jarred Banana Peppers
How to Make Italian Pinwheels Sandwiches
For this easy cream cheese pinwheel recipe simply layer your ingredients on a tortilla, roll it up, and voilà – you’ve got your pinwheels! For optimal results, be sure to slice your pinwheels at least one inch thick. Anything less and you won’t get the full effect of this creamy and delicious dish.
More Pinwheel Recipes
Once you make pinwheels you will want to make them again. You can create your own recipe with your favorite flavors. Keep reading for variations on this popular pinwheel appetizer!
Cold Pinwheel Recipe Ideas and Variations
Pinwheels are the perfect way to make something flavorful and fun – the possibilities are nearly endless! From classic combinations like ham and cheese to more creative options like pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, you’ll find a flavor combination that makes your taste buds sing.
Here is a list of ingredients to create cold pinwheel sandwich recipes.
- Cheeses: Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gouda, Colby. Any cheese that is deli/sandwich sliced will work.
- Deli Meats: Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef, Chicken, Bacon, Prosciutto
- Spreads: Cream Cheese Spreads, Ranch Dressing, Mustard, Mayonnaise
- Greens: Green Leaf, Boston, Spinach, Kale, Arugula
You can buy flavored cream cheese spreads in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.
- Try sweet instead of savory like honey pecan cream cheese spread.
I made these the other day. I added a dry ranch dressing mix to the cream cheese. The pinwheel sandwiches came out excellent.
With just a few simple ingredients and a little creativity, you’ll be able to whip up delicious pinwheels in no time! There are so many variations to making pinwheels you can almost never go wrong!
How to store leftover Pinwheel Sandwiches
Pinwheel sandwiches are good for a day. The lettuce inside will start to wilt by the next day. I don’t recommend making these too far in advance unless you omit the lettuce.
For more great Appetizer Recipes check out our “Appetizer Category: or browse a list of Football Foods that are perfect for game day.
Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches with Cream Cheese Recipe
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 7 oz Genoa salami slices
- 7 oz pepperoni slices
- 9 slices Provolone cheese
- green leaf lettuce
Cream Cheese Spread:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup jarred sweet red peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup jarred banana peppers, chopped
For the Cream Cheese Spread
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
For the Pinwheels
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese spread onto the tortilla.
- Line 3 slices of Provolone cheese down the center of the tortilla.
- Make a single layer of green leaf lettuce that covers the tortilla
- Layer enough salami over the lettuce and repeat with the pepperoni.
- Roll tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice roll into about 1 inch thick pinwheels.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 755mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.