Looking for Cinco de Mayo recipes? Try this Homemade Guacamole Recipe. This simple guacamole recipe is made with avocados, guacamole mix, sour cream, and more flavorful ingredients to make the best guacamole you have ever made!
Our Homemade Guac Recipe Tips
- Save 1 Avocado seed to add to the dip. This is supposed to help it from turning brown.
- When picking up your Guacamole Mix from the grocery store notice on the packaging if it is Hot or Mild.
- Before dicing your Roma Tomatoes cut in half and take a melon baller or 1/2 teaspoon and scoop out the seeds.
- For spicier guac remove jalapeno seeds before chopping.
Ingredients for Homemade Guacamole
- Guacamole seasoning mix
- Red Onion
- Roma Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
How to Make Simple Homemade Guacamole
Add peeled and seeded avocado to a mixing bowl. Mash with the avocados with a potato masher. Stir in the remaining ingredients and chill in a refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
How to Serve Guacamole
- Serve by itself with tortilla chips.
- On toast.
- With any Mexican inspired dish such as burritos, nachos, and quesadillas.
- As a spread on a sandwich or burger. We like it on our turkey and bacon club sandwiches.
How long is Homemade Guacamole good for?
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Stir before serving.
- Add the seed from one Avacado and add it to the guacamole. This is supposed to prevent the guacamole from turning brown.
Our Mexican Inspired Recipes
National Guacamole Day
National Guacamole Day is celebrated on the same day as Mexican Independence Day, September 16
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- 4 Avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 packets Guacamole Mix (1 hot and 1 mild)
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion, diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 2 Jalapenos, diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped and loosely packed
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Place Avocado in a large mixing bowl and smash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 13.3gSaturated Fat: 2.9gUnsaturated Fat: 8.7gSodium: 364.3mgCarbohydrates: 15.1gFiber: 6.9gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 2.3g