This pizza recipe is baked in a cast-iron skillet in your oven. Enjoy a slice of hot bubbly cast iron skillet pizza with that famous crunchy crust.
Pizza night is made easy with store-bought dough and a cast-iron skillet. Make your cast iron pan pizza with your favorite toppings and bake to bubbly perfection.
Ingredients for Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- Store-bought raw pizza dough or you can make your own pizza dough.
- You can also ask your favorite pizza restaurant if they sell their dough.
- Pizza Sauce
- Olive Oil
- For the pizza pictured we used pepperoni and basil
How to Make Cast Iron Pizza
First preheat your oven to 525 0 or as hot as it will go.
Next, grab your ball of pizza dough. Flour and shape the dough to the size of your cast-iron skillet.
Preheat your cast-iron skillet on a stove burner over medium-high heat. Get your pan hot but not smoking hot. Sprinkle the cast iron skillet with flour and cornmeal.
Set the dough in the pan being careful not to burn your fingers. Push dough to the edges of the pan. Drizzle olive oil on the dough. Cook the dough on the burner until it starts to bubble.
Season dough with salt and minced garlic. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough. Next layer on Mozzarella and additional toppings.
Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Allow the cast iron pizza to cool before slicing.
Variations for Skillet Pizza
- Top pizza with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Use different size cast iron skillets for different thicknesses in crusts. Photographed is a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
More Recipes to Try
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, For flouring the dough and flouring the cast iron skillet.
- 1/2 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 - 7 tablespoons pizza sauce, Add as little or as much as you prefer.
- 2 cups Mozarella, Add as little or as much as your prefer.
- Sliced Pepperoni and Basil, Add as little or as much as you prefer.
- Fresh Basil, Torn or chopped.
- Preheat your oven to 525°F or as hot as it will go.
- Flour the dough and shape the dough to the size of your cast iron skillet.
- Preheat your cast-iron skillet on a stove burner over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the cast iron-skillet with flour and cornmeal.
- Set the dough in the skillet being careful not to burn your fingers. Push dough to the edges of the pan.
- Drizzle olive oil on the dough. Cook the dough on the burner until it starts to bubble.
- Season dough with a pinch of salt and minced garlic.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough.
- Next layer on Mozzarella, Pepperoni, and torn basil leaves.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow pizza to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.