These bite-sized Skinny Chocolate Fudge Cookies are made with unsweetened applesauce and will satisfy those chocolate cravings instantly!
Cookies! I love them. All of them.
Spring is here and Summer will be here before you know it. Time for the scale to start shifting downwards. Those light sweaters need to be exchanged for t-shirts.
BUT nobody wants to swap out chocolate for celery. We need a game plan.
Something to satisfy those sweet cravings. In comes this Skinny Chocolate Fudge Cookie. It’s WeightWatchers SmartPoint value is only 2 points. I try to save at least 4 points by the end of the day so I can enjoy two of these cookies. I adapted this recipe from weightwatchers and found that while they use white sugar, brown sugar is actually lower in points.
Skinny Chocolate Fudge Cookies Baking Tips
Make sure your applesauce is unsweetened.
Use a good cocoa powder like Ghirardelli. If we are going to do this! It better be good!
When mixing the flour, baking soda and salt use a whisk.
The dough is kinda sticky so rub a little bit of flour on your hands or refrigerate the dough.
Roll the dough into a gumball size. You know the bright colored ones in those 25 cent machines.
Let cookies completely cool before sprinkling on the powdered sugar. If the cookies are too hot the powdered sugar will melt and look goopy. <– Not a real word but you know what I mean.
Use a small sifter like this one to sprinkle on the powdered sugar.
Skinny Chocolate Fudge Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare your cookie sheet with a baking mat, parchment paper, or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer add sugar, cocoa powder and butter and beat until well combined.
- Add applesauce and vanilla and beat to blend.
- In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the flour mixture in intervals into the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Shape batter into gumball size balls with your hands.
- Place 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to stand for 1 minute.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 17 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers