A classic no-bake cookie made with cocoa, oats, and peanut butter. Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies are one of those cookies that you have to try at least once in your life.
This cookie ranks up there with all the other classics like chocolate chip, sugar, and peanut butter cookies.
Brandon and I were sitting at the table talking about things our mothers made that we still love today. You know, the recipes that never get old and will live on from generation to generation. Both our moms made Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies when we were growing up. Now it is our turn to make it for our kids to enjoy.
Brandon has the recipe that his mom wrote for him in a little notebook. So for our house when we crave these Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies he is the one who makes them. Once he is done spooning them out onto the wax paper we can’t even wait more than 2 minutes without sampling. No, they haven’t formed up yet and the chocolate is still hot but who could resist?
Ingredients for Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- peanut butter
How to make Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Prepare a large cookie sheet lined with wax paper and set aside.
There is no baking involved with these Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies but, there is cooking. It involves boiling ingredients so they melt together to bind these classic cookies.
First, grab a large mixing bowl and mix together oats, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. In a medium saucepan add butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa and bring to a hard boil.
Once the mixture comes to a hard boil set a 3-minute timer and stir consistently for those 3 minutes. Three minutes doesn’t sound long but when you are stirring the mixture your arm muscles are going to burn!
Now, pour the boiling mixture into your large mixing bowl of oats and peanut butter. Start stirring immediately until fully mixed.
Quickly, scoop out large spoonfuls of the cookie mixture onto your baking sheet.
Let cookies cool before serving.
Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbs cocoa
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- In a medium saucepan add butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa and bring to a hard boil.
- Start a 3-minute timer once the hard boil starts.
- Stir constantly for the 3 minutes. *Your arm will get tired from stirring but soldier on! The 3 minutes is really important.
- Pour boiling mixture into your large mixing bowl with the oats mixture and stir together immediately.
- With heaping spoonfuls, individually layout the cookie mixture onto wax paper. Do this quickly because the mixture will start to harden.
- Let cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.