My go-to Best Oatmeal Cookies with Craisins recipe. Make these with or without craisins or swap in raisins.
Craisins vs Raisins
You can swap out the craisins for raisins if you prefer. I like the craisins tartness with the oatmeal better. Or just leave out the craisins and bake them plain.
More Cookie Recipes
Oatmeal Cookies with Craisins Recipe
- 2 1/2 sticks of softened butter.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups oats
- *optional: 1/2 cup craisins
- Beat butter, brown and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Mix in the oats.
- *optional, stir in craisins.
- Drop spoon sized balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes at 375F.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 25g