Homemade Peach Cobbler Recipe made with fresh peaches.
- The easiest way I have found to peel peaches is to drop them in boiling water for 60 seconds. Then transfer the peaches to an ice bath. The skin will peel right off.
We love the sweet dumpling topping. I want some with every bite. If you feel like the recipe makes too much dough cut back to your preference.
Don’t forget the ice cream! Nothing like a warm peach cobbler with fresh peaches and vanilla ice cream.
More Recipes Like This One
Peach cobbler made with fresh peaches.
- 9 fresh peaches peeled, pitted, and sliced into wedges.
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 425° F
In a large bowl, toss peaches, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Pour into a 2 ½ quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
For the Topping
In a large bowl, combine flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse sand. Stir in water until just combined.
Remove peach mixture from the oven. Add spoonfuls of the topping evenly over the peach mixture.
Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 30 minutes or until top of the cobbler is golden brown.
- Topping: This is a thick topping. Use your best judgment and add as much topping as you desire.
- Read the blog post above for the best way to peel fresh peaches.