This no-bake Ambrosia Pie is creamy and full of mandarin oranges, pineapple, and toasted coconut. The perfect Southern tropical dessert.
During the Christmas holiday, there is always an Ambrosia Salad on the table. My cravings overtook me and I broke tradition and made this pie in the middle of Summer. The tropical flavors of coconut, pineapple, and orange scream Summer. Plus it is so hot that a no-bake dessert was in order.
I describe this Ambrosia Pie as sweet, tropical, and creamy with a light crunch from the chopped pecans sprinkled on top. Honestly, this pie is heaven! It is so good. I can’t get enough of it.
Ingredients for Ambrosia Pie
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- mandarin oranges in juice.
- crushed pineapple in juice.
- cream cheese
- sweetened condensed milk
- flaked coconut toasted
- graham cracker crust
- maraschino cherries
- chopped pecans
Recipe & Serving Tips
- Decorate/Garnish the pie after it comes out of the freezer and it is firm.
- After garnishing the top of the ambrosia pie, cut slices while the pie is still frozen. I pull my ambrosia pie out of the freezer just before dinner. Then cut the slices and plate. The slices are perfectly shaped and softened by the time dinner is over and everyone is ready for dessert.
- You have to wait for the pie to be firm before slicing. Otherwise, you will have a delicious mess that resembles a slice of pie.
- Cover leftovers and place them back in the freezer. If you put the pie in the refrigerator it will not be firm enough for next time.
Garnishes for Ambrosia Pie
The toppings make this no-bake Ambrosia Pie stunning and mouthwatering. Get crazy and sprinkle on the garnishes!
- Maraschino Cherries
- Toasted Coconut
- Chopped Pecans
- Whipped Cream
More Pie Recipes
Recipe for Ambrosia Pie
A no-bake pie that is perfect for holidays. Ambrosia Pie is just like an Ambrosia Salad but in a graham cracker pie crust.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 11 oz. can mandarin oranges in juice.
- 8 1/4 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted. Save about 1/4 cup for garnishing the top of the pie.
- 9 oz. graham cracker crust
- 6-8 maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and pineapple separately. With a paper towel press out the excess juices.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat until smooth.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream, mandarin oranges, pineapple and 3/4 cup toasted coconut.
- Pour filling into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer and garnish with remaining whipped cream, toasted coconut, cherries and pecans.
- Wait 20 to 30 minutes before serving allowing pie to soften.
Read the article above for recipe tips and tricks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 658Total Fat: 41gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 73gSugar: 59g
K. Lee Banks
Thursday 10th of August 2017
OK, I’m making this for the weekend! Going grocery shopping tomorrow, so I’m adding the ingredients to my shopping list! 🙂