This Peach Simple Syrup is simmered with fresh peaches. Peach Syrup is excellent in cocktails and tea. Try it on pancakes or drizzled-over ice cream.
When the peach season arrives in August two things happen, Peach Drinks and Peach Cobbler. To make peach syrup for tea or cocktails we make this homemade peach simple syrup.
Ingredients for Peach Syrup
You only need 3 ingredients for this recipe.
- Fresh Ripe Peaches
- Turbinado Sugar – You may recognize the brand, Sugar In The Raw. The golden sugar crystals are minimally processed, not bleached, so they keep the rich flavor and color of their natural molasses. Using regular white granulated sugar is fine to use. The turbinado sugar has a slightly richer flavor.
How to Peel Fresh Peaches
The best way to skin a peach is as follows.
- To remove peach skin bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Score the bottom of the peaches. (Slice an “X” on the bottom this gives the peach skin a nice starting point to separate the peach skin from the fruit.
- Boil peaches for 60 seconds then transfer peaches to an ice bath. (A large mixing bowl filled with cold water and ice.)
- Let the peaches sit for a minute or two. The peach skin should peel right off starting where you scored the peaches on the bottom.
How to Make Peach Syrup
Making peach simple syrup from fresh peaches is easy. It tastes amazing and has so many uses.
- First, you will need to skin your peaches. Use the boiling method above to remove the skin from your peaches.
- Next, you will pit and slice the peaches then add them to a medium size pot.
- Add water and sugar to the pot and bring to a boil. Don’t wait for the water to boil to add the ingredients. It is not necessary and might even take away from the flavor.
- Once the syrup reaches a nice rolling boil remove from heat and let steep for 45 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a colander or mesh strainer and into an airtight bottle or mason jar.
- Keep syrup refrigerated.
Uses for Peach Simple Syrup
- Use peach syrup to flavor cocktails like this Whiskey Peach Tea.
- It is perfect for tea and lemonade.
- Think breakfast: Drizzle on a yogurt parfait, pancakes, oatmeal, or waffles.
- Drizzle over vanilla ice cream and add fresh peaches.
There is no need to muddle or crush fresh ripe peaches into the sugar and water. As long as they are ripe and juicy you will have a peachy simple syrup.
Don’t toss out the peach slices. These peach slices are just like the canned “Peaches in Heavy Syrup”.
- I typically drop these homemade peaches in syrup in my peach tea or cocktail.
- These peaches are also fantastic warmed-over ice cream.
- Add them to plain oatmeal with cream. (Peaches and Cream Oatmeal)
- Add these peaches to vanilla yogurt.
Peach Syrup Variations
This is a basic 3 ingredient peach syrup. Get creative and add a little variation. Here are some flavors to customize your simple syrup.
- Amaretto – Peaches and Amaretto are a mouthwatering combination. Plus a little shot of alcohol will help that simple syrup last a little longer in the refrigerator.
- Spices – When it comes to spices Ginger, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg will pair nicely. Always start with small amounts. You can always add more but can’t take any away.
- Vanilla Simple Syrup – Just a teaspoon of vanilla will soften up the syrup. Think peaches and cream.
More Peach Recipes
We love everything Peach! Try these peach recipes to satisfy your peach cravings.
- Crown Peach Tea – Make this Peach Cocktail with Crown Royal Peach and Tea. If you need extra sweetness, add some peach syrup to the mix for an extra peach punch!
- Peach Mimosa – OJ and Peach combine to make this boozy brunch cocktail.
- Peach Cobbler – Hands down the best peach cobbler. Like this syrup, it is made with fresh peaches so buy a bushel and get cooking!
Recipe for Peach Syrup
- 3 medium peaches, pealed, pits removed, and sliced
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
- 1 cup water
- Add peaches, sugar, and water to a medium size pot.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 45 minutes.
- Strain through a mesh strainer into an airtight container.
- Keep refrigerated.
See blog post above for "How to Peel Fresh Peaches" and different ways to use Peach Simple Syrup. Don't throw out those fresh peach slices!!! There is an idea for those too!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g