Simple Syrup simmered with fresh peaches for a Peach Simple Syrup perfect for summer cocktails.
Uses for Peach Simple Syrup
- Use to flavor cocktails like this Whiskey Peach Tea.
- Flavor tea and lemonade.
- Think breakfast: Drizzle on a yogurt parfait, pancakes, oatmeal or waffles.
- Drizzle over vanilla ice cream and add fresh peaches.
How to Peel Fresh Peaches
The best to peel fresh peaches is as follows:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Score the bottom of the peaches. (Slice an “X” on the bottom this gives the peach skin a nice starting point to separate.
- Boil peaches for 60 seconds then transfer peaches to an ice bath. (A large mixing bowl filled with cold water and ice.)
- Let sit for a minute or two. The skin should peel right off starting where you scored the peaches on the bottom.
There is no need to muddle or crush fresh ripe peaches into the sugar and water. As long as they are ripe and juicy you will have a peach simple syrup.
Don’t toss out the peach slices. These peach slices are just like the canned “Peaches in Heavy Syrup”.
- I typically drop these in my peach tea or cocktail.
- These peaches are also fantastic warmed over ice cream.
- Add them to plain oatmeal with cream. (Peaches and Cream Oatmeal)
- Add these peaches to vanilla yogurt.
More Peach Recipes
Peach Simple Syrup
Fresh peaches simmered in sugar and water creating a peach syrup.
- 3 medium peaches pealed, pits removed, and sliced
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup water
Add peaches, sugar, and water to a medium size pot.
Bring to a boil and stir.
Remove from heat and let steep for 45 minutes.
Strain through a mesh strainer into an airtight container.
See blog post above for “How to Peel Fresh Peaches” and different ways to use Peach Simple Syrup. Don’t throw out those fresh peach slices!!! There is an idea for those too!