If you’re gonna have cake for breakfast make it as healthy as you can. Right!? Don’t worry I made it delicious too.
We threw out the box of pancake mix and whipped up a batch of these Greek Yogurt Vanilla Bean Spelt Pancakes with Strawberries and 100% pure Maple Syrup.
What is Spelt anyway? Spelt is Wheat. So basically we used an organic wheat flour to make these pancakes.
These pancakes have no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. This statement includes the syrup. 100% Pure Maple Syrup is the way to go!
Greek Yogurt Vanilla Bean Spelt Pancakes
- 1 cup spelt
- 1/4 salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tb pure can sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Mix the dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients) and set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients (last 4 ingredients) together until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Heat a griddle to 350F.
- Spray a nonstick cooking spray onto the griddle.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter on the griddle and repeat. Spacing out the pancakes so they don't run into each other.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and flip the pancakes.
- Cook for another minute and place on a plate.
- Serve with fresh fruit and 100% Pure Maple Syrup
Questions, comments, or just want to give me a virtual high five. Hit me up on social media.
Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Google + / Stumbleupon / Flipboard / Tumblr