This Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe starts out in a cast-iron skillet and then is baked in the oven. Once out of the oven, it is loaded with more cheese and green onions. Serve this Loaded RedHot Buffalo Dip with crackers, pretzels, or celery & carrots.
Easily one of our favorite dip recipes. This RedHot Buffalo Chicken dip is easy to make, has yummy variations, tastes fantastic, and it is a great leftover, especially for a midnight snack. Wing Dip is easy to make and there are a few different ways to make it. I have made Buffalo Chicken Dip in a crockpot, instant pot, skillet, Traeger grill, and oven. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
Not only are there various cooking methods but there are plenty of ingredient variations that I have listed below. No matter how you tweak the recipe it will still have that buffalo sauce flavor that you crave.
This dip satisfies those buffalo wing cravings.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip
Here is a list of ingredients to make this cheesy buffalo chicken dip. The ingredients are not brand specific. Use your favorite brands. I have listed variations to the ingredients below under “Variations and Substitutions“.
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Frank’s RedHot
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Cooked Shredded Chicken
- Shredded White Cheddar
- Shredded American Cheddar
- Diced Green Onions
How to Make Skillet Buffalo Chicken Dip
As I mentioned there are a few ways to make Wing Dip. This method uses the stovetop and oven. You will need a cast-iron skillet or a heat-resistant baking dish.
First Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a cast-iron skillet heat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Frank’s RedHot until cream cheese is melted through. Stir in cooked shredded chicken and blue cheese. Continue to stir until well blended. Next, take a spatula or the back of a spoon and spread the dip out evenly across the cast iron skillet. The wing dip is now ready for the oven.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Pull chicken dip out of the oven and layer the topping ingredients. For the first layer, I sprinkle shredded white cheddar. Next, I add a layer of American cheddar. I then add more blue cheese. I buy an 8 oz. tub of blue cheese crumbles and whatever is left after making the dip just gets dumped on top. Finally, I sprinkle green onions over the top for flavor and texture.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Variations and Substitutions
As mentioned above there are many Buffalo Chicken Dip variations and ingredient substitutions. Here are a few examples. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe no matter how you change it. If you like it then it is the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe.
- Chicken – You can use a rotisserie chicken. Just pick one up at the store. I recommend using a breast, both thighs, and both legs. If you are boiling chicken I recommend boiling the chicken with a chicken bouillon cube or two to make the chicken more flavorful.
- If you do not like Blue Cheese substitute it with sharp cheddar.
- Frank’s RedHot or Frank’s Wing Sauce. Frank’s Wing Sauce is milder than Frank’s RedHot. I like my dip spicy so I do a very generous 1/2 cup of RedHot.
- If you do not like it super cheesy just omit the cheddar and extra blue cheese topping.
- Instead of green onions, you can use chopped parsley for garnish.
Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
Store leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, simply transfer a portion to a microwavable safe bowl and heat for 30-second intervals; stirring in between until heated through.
If I know leftovers are going to be devoured the next day. I use aluminum foil to cover my cast iron and place it in the fridge. The next day, I preheat my oven to 350 degrees. Remove the foil, and place in the oven. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until heated through and bubbly. Then stir it all together. Mix the topping thoroughly through the dip. Leftovers don’t need pretty presentations.
Can you freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Yes – If making the recipe ahead of time do everything right up until baking it. Freeze buffalo dip in a freezer-safe dish or container. When you are ready to bake allow time to thaw. Increase bake time for 20 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Continue following the recipe for the topping.
- Once the toppings have been added I do not recommend freezing the dip.
How long is Buffalo Chicken Dip good for?
- As long as the cheesy buffalo chicken dip has been stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator it will stay good for 5 days. By day 3 it may be dried out a little. Try adding a tablespoon of butter or water when reheating and stir in.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Bell Pepper Strips
More Recipes like this one
Browse more recipes like this one.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe starts out in a cast-iron skillet then baked in the oven. Once out of the oven, it is loaded with more cheese and green onions. Serve this Loaded RedHot Buffalo Dip with crackers, pretzels, or celery & carrots.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup Shredded Sharp White Cheddar
- 1/2 cup Shredded Sharp American Cheddar
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1/4 cup Diced green onions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a cast-iron skillet add the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Redhot. Cook over medium-low heat until the cream cheese is melted through.
- Stir in shredded chicken and blue cheese until well blended.
- Spread dip evenly in the cast iron skillet then transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and sprinkle the top with both cheddars, blue cheese, and diced green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gProtein: 4g