This Super Easy Stromboli uses premade refrigerated pizza crust and is ready in less than 30 minutes. A delicious alternative to pizza night.
SUPER EASY STROMBOLI
The recipe is made easy by using premade ingredients like pizza dough and pizza sauce. Half the work is already done for you.
You roll out the dough, spread on the sauce and choice ingredients, and roll it up. The outside is crispy and inside it is gooey with cheese and spicy with pepperoni. It is like a little hot pocket of pizza heaven.
For my family of 4 (two boys 7 yrs old and 5 yrs old) one Stromboli is enough.
Stromboli means rolled pizza. It is a dough rolled with Italian cheeses, meats and vegetables then baked.
Ingredients for Easy Stromboli
- Refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough. (I used Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough)
- Jarred pizza sauce
- Sliced pepperoni
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Common Stromboli Fillings
- Italian Sausage
- Bell Peppers
Use fresh chopped herbs:
*Don’t overfill this Stromboli. The dough will not hold.
How to Make Easy Stromboli
First, you want to pop open the dough packaging and lay the dough out on a large piece of parchment paper. Straighten it out the best you can using a rolling pin or by hand. Spoon on pizza sauce and spread the sauce with the back of the spoon. Leave about a 1/4 inch border around the edges of the dough.
Next, add the pepperoni and shredded mozzarella over the top of the pizza sauce.
Now, carefully roll the stromboli. The dough is sticky so use parchment paper to help you roll the dough. You can do this by grabbing the end of the parchment paper and pulling up and across guiding the stromboli to roll. Once the stromboli is rolled pinch the ends closed. Then recenter the stromboli on the parchment paper. Transfer the stromboli along with the parchment paper to a large cookie sheet.
Now cut three evenly spaced slits on the top of the stromboli. This will allow it to vent while baking. Next, brush the stromboli with a beaten egg. This will give the stromboli that golden color and a light crunchy texture.
Sprinkle the top of the stromboli with a little bit of mozzarella and garlic powder and place in a 400-degree preheated oven.
Bake for 17 to 20 minutes remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before you slice it up to serve. Once you are ready to serve, sprinkle chopped parsley over the top of the stromboli.
And there you have it! A Super Easy Stromboli Recipe!
- Do not overstuff your stromboli. It is easy to get carried away but it will not hold together if the stromboli has too many ingredients stuffed inside.
- My family of 4 can only eat one stromboli. Make 2 if you are feeding more.
- Swap out or add in any of the common ingredients listed above.
- Make it a calzone by omitting the pizza sauce in the roll. Instead, have the pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
Handling Leftover Stromboli
If you make two and have leftovers cut the remaining stromboli into slices. Put them in ziplock bags or an airtight container. Store the slices in the refrigerator.
Reheat in the microwave, toaster oven, or oven. Just like pizza, it tastes good the next day but I wouldn’t hold on to the leftovers too long. I would suggest up to 2 days.
I have not tried to freeze the stromboli so I do not know how it would turn out.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Don’t you just love quick and easy recipes? I love cooking and a day well spent for me is in the kitchen.
However, today I am tired and need to crank out a simple, delicious meal for the family. I know I can never go wrong with pizza. Pizza night to my family equates to a party night. A fun evening of eating, playing games or watching a movie. So tonight I made this Super Easy Stromboli and we played games.
Easy Stromboli Recipe
- 1 Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, more to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella, for top of stromboli
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch of garlic powder
- parsley for garnish
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a large piece of parchment paper. Stretch and even out the dough.
- Spoon on the pizza sauce and spread evenly leaving about a half-inch border.
- Add pepperoni and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Take one end of the dough and roll the Stromboli. Use the parchment paper to help roll the dough.
- Pinch ends closed.
- Re-position the Stromboli on the parchment paper to be centered.
- Place on a large cookie sheet.
- Cut 3 small slits across the top.
- Brush the top of the Stromboli with egg and top with mozzarella and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 17 - 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Slice and serve.
Do not overstuff the stromboli.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 892mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury