This 3 Cheese Bacon Spinach Quiche is loaded with flavor. This breakfast pie is filling and delicious. Serve for breakfast or for brunch.
It had been a while since I made quiche so I LOADED this one up. I loaded it with cheese and bacon! I threw in some fresh spinach because there needs to be a vegetable right?
This 3 Cheese Bacon Spinach Quiche is packed with flavorful goodness I was full after one slice. The flavors of the bacon, onion, and spinach remind you of a pot of greens that have been simmering all day.
All the cheese with bacon and egg brings you back to those classic breakfast flavors. I can easily file this quiche under Comfort Foods.
- Pie Crust – Honestly, I just use frozen pie crusts. Marie Callender frozen pie crusts to be exact. I use these crusts with my Sweet Potato Pies. I feel like so much work goes into making the pie fillings that the simple shortcut of using a good frozen pie crust makes life so much easier.
- Fresh Baby Spinach – Forget the frozen green brick! Fresh spinach is not only more nutrient-rich but also more flavorful. In this recipe, I use fresh spinach and wilt it in hot bacon grease – a simple, yet bold and tasty way to bring out its flavor. When you bite into this 3 cheese bacon spinach quiche, you’ll definitely notice the spinach paired with the bacon and onion, creating a wonderfully flavorful dish. So ditch the green brick
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- The Cheeses: Crumbled Feta, Shredded Mozzarella, and Shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Onion – Finely diced.
How to make Quiche
Satisfy your craving for a delicious quiche and impress your brunch guests by following these easy steps!
Preheat the oven to 350F and cook bacon in a large-rimmed skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon to one side and don’t drain the bacon grease. Add baby spinach to the pan and stir over medium heat until wilted, then drain in a colander. Dice the bacon, then make the filling by mixing together spinach, half the bacon, whipping cream, salt, pepper, and eggs in a large bowl. Sprinkle mozzarella, cheddar, and onion into a pre-baked pie shell, then top with the spinach egg mixture and remaining bacon. Bake for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let the quiche rest for 20 minutes before serving and enjoy!
3 Cheese Bacon Spinach Quiche
3 Cheese Bacon Spinach Quiche
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 6 oz. fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
Preheat oven to 350F
In a large rimmed skillet cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
Do not drain bacon grease. Remove skillet from heat. Add baby spinach to the hot skillet and stir for 2 minutes or until wilted. If your skillet has cooled place over medium heat to wilt the spinach.
Drain spinach in a colander to get rid of excess bacon grease.
Dice the crispy bacon.
In a large mixing bowl mix together the spinach, half of the diced bacon, whipping cream, salt, pepper, and eggs.
Sprinkle the mozzarella, cheddar and onion into the pie shell.
Add the spinach egg mixture on top.
Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the mixture along the top.
Top with remaining bacon and feta cheese.
Bake for 55 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
Cover with foil and let set for 20 minutes before serving.