This Mango Banana Smoothie recipe is low calorie, full of vitamin C, and potassium. It is a light smoothie and is perfect for breakfast or for a midday snack.
The other day I made a killer smoothie. It was so good and full of flavor. However, it was nearly 600 calories. Umm….yeah…not diet-friendly at all. So I went back to the basics. This Mango Banana Smoothie is a basic smoothie. No fancy or crazy ingredients and only 284 calories.
This is probably the easiest recipe, on the whole site. But everyone needs a simple tasty “go-to” smoothie in their memory bank. Yep, you will only read this post once and never need it again because you will have memorized it.
Mango Banana Smoothie Variations
You can swap out Almond Milk for the following:
- Low Fat or Skim Milk
- Soy Milk
- Half milk and half yogurt
Fresh vs. Frozen Fruit
Some bagged frozen fruit has added sugars. Fresh fruit is the best option, and by freezing it in individual smoothie portions, you can create delicious, healthy snacks for you and your family.
Follow these easy steps to learn how to freeze blueberries and get your homemade smoothie game up to snuff. You’ll never be faced with a big frozen glob of fruit again!
Add More Fruit
Add different fruits to your blender for more flavor. Create yummy tropical flavors by adding these additional fruits.
- Orange Juice
How to Slice a Mango
- The center of the mango is tough. You want the soft sides known as the “cheeks”
- Place the mango on your cutting board.
- Find the “notch” along the center. This is the tough center.
- Cut the “cheeks” left and right of the notch.
- Lay cheeks on your cutting board and slice vertically and horizontally to create squares being careful not to pierce the skin.
- Take your knife and run it along the skin and the fruit to cut the fruit away from the skin.
- Watch this Youtube video on how to cut a mango.
Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
Mango Banana Smoothie
Mango Banana Smoothie
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz. almond milk.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If your banana is not frozen then add 6 ice cubes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 9gSugar: 66gProtein: 5g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.