New York Sour Recipe with St. George spiced pear liqueur, black walnut bitters, and a red wine float. This Fall inspired New York Sour variation is the perfect Fall Bourbon Cocktail.
This past December we took a trip to Chicago and found ourselves at Drumbar. A rooftop bar with an incredible cocktail selection. Their menu had this “Fall Sweater” and I have been obsessed with this New York Sour variation recipe ever since.
Ingredients for a New York Sour with Spiced Pear
When it comes to Fall Bourbon Cocktails this one tops our list!
- St. George’s Spiced Pear Liqueur
- Black Walnut Bitters
- Lemon Juice
- Simple Syrup
- Red Wine – I used Coppola Diamond Claret which is a blend of red wines. A Shiraz or Malbec also works wonderfully in this cocktail.
How to Make this New York Sour with Spiced Pear
Making this stunning cocktail is rather simple considering all the ingredients and steps.
- First, gather a rocks glass, cocktail shaker, ice, and all the ingredients.
- Next, fill your cocktail shaker with ice and all the ingredients except for the red wine. Shake for about 30 seconds and pour in a rocks glass over crushed ice.
- Gently pour the red wine over the back of a spoon to layer it on top.
- Finally, garnish with a dehydrated lemon.
How to Make a Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a 1:1 mixture. Add 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of water and simmer on low heat until the sugar dissolved. Stirring occasionally.
How to Dehydrate Lemons in your oven.
The dehydrated lemon garnish is gorgeous right?! They are fairly simple to make you just need about 2 hours’ time to make them.
- First, move your top oven rack to the very top. Heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Next, line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the lemon slices about 3 inches apart. Sprinkle lemon slices with sugar.
- Then place in the oven for 1 hour then rotate the pan and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, keep an eye on them for the last 30 minutes to make sure they do not burn.
New York Sour with Spiced Pear Recipe
- 1.5 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Spiced Pear Liqueur, We used St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- 2 dashes Black Walnut Bitters
- 0.5 oz Fresh-squeezed Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- 1.5 oz Red Wine Float, Claret, Shiraz, or a Malbec
- Add bourbon, pear, bitters, lemon, and simple syrup to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Then shake until frosty.
- Strain into a crushed ice-filled rocks glass.
- Gently pour wine using a spout or pour over the back of a spoon to float wine on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 851Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 0gSugar: 38gProtein: 1g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.