Peanut Butter OREO Balls recipe! Use this recipe with all the OREO flavors for the ultimate Christmas OREO Balls cookie tin!
These are so good! Once you bite in the OREO ball and break the chocolate shell there is a soft creamy OREO flavored filling that is too die for! Everybody loves these OREO balls. It is such an easy no bake 3 ingredient recipe that you have to try!
These are especially popular around Christmas that they are often referred to as Christmas OREO Balls. They are the perfect addition to your cookie tin.
If know an OREO lover than making a cookie tin with assorted Christmas OREO ball flavors would make the perfect gift.
- Peanut Butter OREOS
- Cream Cheese
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate
The classic OREO Cookie Ball recipe using the original OREO Cookies is fantastic, but if you love peanut butter I promise this flavor change up is worth it. When shopping grab the Peanut Butter OREOS instead of the classic.
How to make Peanut Butter OREO Cookie Balls
Place OREO cookies in a blender or food processor and blend. Once the cookies are crushed remove from blender and add them to a mixing bowl. Add softened cream cheese. Mix until well blended. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment works perfectly.
Shape the OREO truffle filling into balls. Place the OREO balls on a large cookie sheet and set in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate by placing in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals for a total of 1 minute; stirring in between intervals. Continue microwaving in 10-second intervals; stirring; until completely melted. Do not over microwave your chocolate. It will burn and be dry.
Using a fork dunk the frozen ball into the melted chocolate and roll until completely covered. Lift the OREO ball out of the chocolate and place on a parchment or wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Once all balls have been covered in chocolate you can add sprinkles, crushed OREOs and a chocolate drizzle over the top of the OREO balls. Set in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until chocolate has set.
Peanut Butter OREO Balls Recipe Tips
- Use different OREO Cookie flavors like mint, lemon, and golden to make different OREO truffles.
- Soften cream cheese in a hurry by opening the package, remove the foil wrapping, and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Use a fork and a spoon when rolling the balls in chocolate. Use the spoon to help cover the ball in chocolate and use the fork to lift the ball out of the melted chocolate.
- Use different flavors of OREOs
- Use milk chocolate, white chocolate, candyquik or candy melts for the coating.
- Add sprinkles, crushed OREOs, or drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the OREO balls.
- Make chocolate-covered OREOS. Use whole OREOs instead of crushing them.
- Make OREO Bark
- Make OREO Cake Pops. After rolling the balls stick a lollipop stick into the truffle before freezing.
Handling Leftover OREO Truffle Balls
Place in an airtight container or bag up in a ziplock bag and keep in the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter OREO Balls Recipe
Peanut Butter Oreo Balls
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 14.3 oz. package Peanut Butter Creme OREO Cookies finely crushed
- 16 oz semi-sweet chocolate melted
Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
Shape into 48 (1-inch balls)
Freeze 10 minutes
Dip balls in melted chocolate; place balls in a single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
Customize it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has set.
Share and enjoy!