This is my favorite Skinny Margarita Recipe using a Mixer. If you are dieting but don’t want to give up the cocktails or sacrifice flavor this skinny margarita is for you!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.
This margarita! It is my favorite. Not because it has a lot fewer calories but because it tastes so good. Everyone I have made it for loves it. Nobody has said, this tastes watered down, or this sucks! It is because the flavor is perfect. The trick to getting this super low-calorie margarita is in the mix. I use a low-calorie mix that doesn’t add extra sugars.
Try my other skinny cocktail: Prosecco Strawberry Cocktail. It has 97 calories.
Ingredients list for a Skinny Margarita
- Master of Mixes, Margarita Mix Lite. This is the secret sauce! This mix has 10 calories per 4 ounces and no added sugars.
- Patron Silver. Patron Silver makes the best margarita. The calorie count for 1.5 ounces of Patron Silver is 99 calories.
- Grand Marnier. Between Grand Marnier, Cointreau, and Triple Sec, Grand Marnier has fewer calories. For half an ounce of Grand Marnier, it is 38 calories.
- 1 lime wedge. The juice from one lime wedge is not enough to count towards calories.
How to Make a Skinny Margarita Video
In this video, I am using Cointreau. For lesser calories use Grand Marnier.
How many Calories in a Skinny Margarita?
This skinny margarita has 144.7 calories per serving. That is half the amount of calories you would drink versus a regular margarita mixer.
I do not rim the glass with sugar (duh, this is a skinny cocktail) or with salt.
My favorite Skinny Margarita Recipe using a Mixer
This is my favorite skinny margarita.
- 1.5 ounce Patron Silver Tequila
- .5 ounce Grand Marnier
- 3.5 ounce Master of Mixes, Margarita Mixer Lite
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 slice lime
In a cocktail shaker add ice.
Add Tequila, Grand Marnier, and Margarita Mixer
Shake until the shaker is frosty.
In a glass pour margarita over ice.
Take the lime wedge and squeeze juice over the top of the margarita.
Garnish with a slice of lime.
Amazon has the Lite Margarita Mixer here.
Because this is a skinny cocktail I do not rim the glass with sugar.
If you like your glass salt rimmed, go for it!
This post is not sponsored by any brands listed in the recipe.