Chocolate Bacon Puff Pastry Twists is a sweet and salty combination of smoked Bacon, puff pastry, and hazelnut chocolate spread. This one of a kind puff pastry dessert recipe with bacon and chocolate is mouthwateringly delicious.
Nutella, Bacon, and Puff Pastry! What could go wrong? NOTHING!
Then the bacon is wrapped around a puff pastry slathered full of hazelnut chocolate spread.
- Use an icing spreader to spread the hazelnut chocolate spread onto the puff pastry.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the puff pastry into strips.
- You may have leftover bacon strips. I had 6 strips of bacon leftover (3 full slices of bacon).
- Keep a towel nearby your hands will get a little messy when twisting and wrapping the bacon.
- Layout the strips of bacon vertically. Lay the tip of the puff pastry horizontally on top of the bacon. Starting at the top pinch bacon and puff pastry together then roll the twist down the bacon. This will wrap the bacon perfectly around the puff pastry twist.
Recipe for Chocolate Bacon Puff Pastry Twists
Chocolate Bacon Twists
- 1 package of puff pastry 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1.5 pounds Farmland Applewood Smoked Bacon sliced in half lengthwise
Thaw puff pastry according to the package directions.
Prepare a sheet pan by lining with tin foil and place a wire rack inside. Spray the wire rack with no stick cooking spray.
Layout the puff pastry sheets and roll with a rolling pin flattening out the creases.
Spread a thin layer of chocolate hazelnut spread over the puff pastry sheets.
Cut puff pastry into 1/2 inch strips and fold in half pinching the two ends together.
Hold both ends of the puff pastry and twist several times. Repeat until all pastry puffs are twisted.
Layout the half strips of Farmland Bacon.
Take a puff pastry twist and wrap the Farmland Applewood Smoked Bacon around the twist.
Place on the wire rack.
In a small bowl whisk the egg with the water.
Lightly brush the puff pastry twists with the egg wash.
Bake at 375F for 40 minutes. Let cool before removing from wire rack and serve.
Serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.