The Moscow Mule Recipe is a tasty and brisk cocktail that is simple to make with only 3 ingredients. The Classic Moscow Mule is made with fresh-squeezed lime juice, vodka, and ginger beer. This thirst-quenching combination is one that everyone loves.
A Moscow Mule is a vodka cocktail served in copper mugs. Vodka is blended with ginger beer and fresh lime juice. A crisp and refreshing cocktail served ice cold. Our favorite summer cocktail.
This cocktail is like a breath of fresh air on a hot summer day! I’m constantly reaching for another, and with the help of a copper mug, I’m never out of my favorite summer sipper for long. Not only is it thirst-quenching and great tasting, but the copper mug ensures that it stays icy cold, making it the perfect accompaniment to the sweltering summer heat. Don’t miss out – grab a copper mug and a few of these refreshing drinks today!
Tip: If you don’t have copper mugs use an insulated cup like a Yeti or Ozark Trail. These will keep your cocktails ice cold.
Best Vodka for a Moscow Mule
- Tito’s Vodka makes the best Classic Moscow Mule.
After years of drinking this classic cocktail, we have learned that Tito’s Vodka makes the best Moscow Mule.
Best Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules
We tried a few ginger beers in our Classic Moscow Mules and decided on a favorite.
Here are the ginger beers we tried:
- Cock’n Bull – The best ginger beer for Moscow Mules. This may be a regional brand but be on the lookout. This ginger beer is the best we have found.
- Gosling’s Ginger Beer – A close second. Easily found in liquor and grocery stores.
- Fever-Tree – We had to add simple syrup to the Moscow Mule. The cocktail was too “spicy” without the sugar to balance it out.
We found the higher the sugar content the better Moscow Mule. Go figure!
Does Ginger Beer contain Alcohol?
This is the most common question we get asked when making the Classic Moscow Mule. The answer is No! Ginger Beer is non-alcoholic. It is a reasonable question considering the word “beer” is used.
Ingredients for Classic Moscow Mules
- Vodka – Best vodka for a Moscow Mule is Tito’s Vodka.
- Ginger Beer
- Mint (optional)
How to Make the Best Moscow Mule
Nothing beats the perfect Moscow Mule – and it’s easy to craft at home.
Start by picking up some copper mugs for that signature chilled look. Fill the cup with ice, add 2 ounces of Tito’s Vodka, 1 ounce of fresh lime juice, and fill to the top with ginger beer. Finally, garnish with a lime wedge and sprig of mint with a sprinkle of lime juice overtops to complete the picture. Sit back and savor the deliciousness of the perfect Moscow Mule!
Moscow Mule Variations
There are so many variations you can make with the Moscow Mule. Here are some of our favorite twist ideas:
- Kentucky Mule – If you love bourbon as much as we do you will love this bourbon mule!
- Blackberry Ginger Moscow Mule by In Good Taste
- Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule by Our Food Fix
- Apple Cinnamon Mule: Mix vodka, ginger beer, apple cider, and a dash of cinnamon for a cozy, autumnal version.
- Tropical Mule: Combine vodka, ginger beer, pineapple juice, and a squeeze of lime juice for a tropical flair.
- Mexican Mule: Replace vodka with tequila and add a splash of orange liqueur.
- Dark & Stormy Mule: Swap vodka for dark rum, and add a dash of Angostura bitters.
- Cucumber Moscow Mule: Add cucumber slices to the traditional mix for a refreshing touch.
- Spicy Moscow Mule: Add muddled jalapenos to the classic recipe for a fiery kick.
Print the Recipe for a Classic Moscow Mule
Classic Moscow Mule Recipe
Lime and crisp ginger beer served ice cold in a copper mug for a Classic Moscow Mule.
- 2 oz. vodka
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime.
- 4-5 oz. of Ginger Beer. Enough to top off your cocktail.
- Sprig of mint
- Lime wedge
- In a copper mug add ice, vodka and lime juice.
- Top off with ginger beer.
- garnish with lime wedge and mint. Squeeze a wedge of lime over the top of the cocktail and serve.
Read the article above for all the tips, tricks, and variations to the classic Moscow Mule.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 772Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 134gFiber: 3gSugar: 121gProtein: 1g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.
Saturday 8th of October 2016
I'm usually to running a blog and i actually respect your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I'm going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.
Tuesday 27th of September 2016
Great site. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks for your effort!