This Crock Pot Coconut Bon Bons Recipe is perfect for the holidays. Candied creamy coconut with bits of walnuts rolled into a ball and then dipped in chocolate.
Who doesn’t love bon bons? My husband’s grandmother sends us these sweet treats every Christmas. I had to have the recipe and make these because once a year is just not enough!
These Coconut Bon Bons are a family Christmas tradition. Christmas is just not the same without them.
Ingredients for Coconut Bon Bons
- Confectioner Sugar – also known as powdered sugar.
- Butter – for this candy recipe you will need softened butter.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Angel Flake Coconut
- Chopped Walnuts
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
Recipe Variations for Coconut Bon Bons
When making coconut bon bons swap out the nuts or even the chocolate. Here are some variations to this Coconut truffle recipe.
- These Coconut Bon Bons will remind you of an Almond Joy candy bar. Add almonds instead of walnuts.
- You can omit the nuts altogether and substitute the semi-sweet chocolate with dark chocolate if you prefer Mounds Candy Bar instead.
Start with 3 cups of nuts and add more to your preference. Grandma puts in 4 cups of walnuts.
Double Boiler Method for Melting Chocolate (if you don’t have a Crock Pot)
- If you don’t have a large crock pot you can melt the chocolate using the double boiler method.
- The double boiler method is simply boiling water on the stove.
- Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Place a mixing bowl on top of the pot of simmering water and add chocolate, stirring continuously.
- This will gently melt the chocolate.
- My recipe post for chocolate-dipped potato chips has pictures of my double boiler method if you need to see an example.
These are so good and I hope you enjoy them as much as our family.
Get all my Crock Pot Recipe for Free!
Get all my Crock Pot Recipes here! you don’t even have to leave this website. All the recipes are on this site!
Crock Pot Coconut Bon Bons
- 20 oz. confectioner sugar
- 1 tbs softened butter
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz. pkg of angel flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, add more if you prefer
- 20 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients until well blended. The mixture will be sticky.
- Add Angel Flake Coconut and chopped walnuts and continue mixing until blended.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate the coconut balls overnight.
- The next day set your Crock-Pot on low and melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips; stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate is melted turn your Crock-Pot off.
- Roll coconut balls in the chocolate until covered completely. Roll 1 ball at a time. If the coconut balls stay too long in the Crock-Pot they will begin to fall apart from the heat.
- Place bon bons back on the wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate and serve when chocolate has set.
The amount of servings will depend on the size of your balls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g