The Madras Cocktail is a blend of Vodka, Orange Juice, and Cranberry Cocktail Juice. This sweet mix of flavors is perfect for Summer.
The Madras Cocktail is a simple and easy cranberry cocktail recipe to throw together. So simple that this cocktail was the “house drink” at a recent party of mine.
I made the first round and taught everyone how to make the Madras Cocktail. Then they were on their own making their next round of cocktails. I was able to enjoy the party and manage the activities versus constantly being behind the bar.
Ingredients for a Madras Cocktail
This easy 3 ingredient cocktail takes little effort but tastes amazing. Here is what you are going to need to make the best Madras Cocktail.
- Vodka – We like Tito’s Vodka
- Orange Juice – If you are going to make the best we recommend a refrigerated OJ or fresh pressed.
- Cranberry Cocktail Juice – We recommend Simply Cranberry Cocktail
For a great cocktail, you have to use quality ingredients. I avoid the juice aisle at the grocery store and head to the refrigerated section for my juices.
How to Make a Madras Cocktail
This cocktail is easy to make and little effort.
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker. You can stir this cocktail but I prefer to shake it with ice. Shaking gives the Madras Cocktail a soft foam as soon as you get done pouring. That first foamy sip is so good plus it is also pleasing to the eye. Something about that first foamy sip. The little bubbles tickle your tongue.
- Next, add Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, and Vodka. Typically you add 1.5 ounces of liquor to a cocktail. For this one, you may want to add 2 full ounces due to the cocktail being juice-heavy.
- Finally, shake vigorously and strain into an ice-filled glass.
Equal parts orange juice and cranberry cocktail are really good mixed together. Leave out the vodka for a virgin cocktail for those that are not drinking.
Recommended Cocktail Garnishes
- Orange slices
- Maraschino cherry
- Fresh cranberries
- A sprig of mint.
More Cranberry Drinks
The Cosmopolitan and the Cape Codder Ale also use cranberry cocktail juice and vodka if you want to make a variety of drinks and not just the Madras. Nothing wrong with a little variety. You may also like the Bay Breeze Cocktail.
Make it a Mexican Madras by swapping out the vodka for tequila and adding some lime juice.
The Madras Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz. Vodka
- 3 oz. Orange Juice
- 3 oz. Cranberry Cocktail Juice
- Place ingredients and ice in a shaker.
- Give it a few good shakes.
- Strain into a glass over ice.
- Add garnish and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Unsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 44gSugar: 18g