Shake up a classic Madras Drink with this recipe! With the perfect combination of vodka, orange juice, and cranberry juice to make an amazing Madras cocktail, the only way to make it better is to enjoy it with friends!
Grab your shaker, mix some vodka and ice, and get ready to create the ultimate Madras cocktail. The Madras Drink Recipe is a classic vodka-based beverage that’s made with orange juice, cranberry juice, and a generous splash of vodka. Whether you’re hosting a party, or just want to make a delicious drink at home, this Madras recipe is a surefire way to bring any event to life.
With the perfect combination of vodka, cranberry, and orange juice you may want to consider making a Vodka Madras drink for brunch.
Madras Cocktail Ingredients
This easy 3 ingredient cocktail takes little effort but tastes amazing. Here is what you are going to need to make the best Madras Cocktail.
- Vodka – We really like Tito’s Vodka. In our bar, we are always stocked with a handle. It blends perfectly with orange juice and cranberry juice.
- Orange Juice – If you are going to make the best Madras we recommend a refrigerated OJ or freshly pressed OJ. I only use the “Simply” brand. The juices are fantastic and make amazing cocktails.
- Cranberry Cocktail Juice – We recommend Simply Cranberry Cocktail. It is the best cranberry juice for cocktails. Not only is the flavor fantastic but it is rich in color for gorgeous cocktails.
For a great cocktail, you have to use quality ingredients. I avoid the juice aisle at the grocery store and head to the refrigerated section for my juices.
How to Make a Madras Drink
This cocktail is easy to make and little effort. It is a refreshing blend of cranberry and orange juice with a shot of vodka. It is perfect for day drinking or brunch. If you are looking for a pink cocktail look no further. The gorgeous pink cocktail is perfect for a bridal shower or any occasion.
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker. You can stir this cocktail but I prefer to shake it with ice. Shaking gives the Madras Cocktail a soft foam as soon as you get done pouring. That first foamy sip is so good plus it is also pleasing to the eye. Something about that first foamy sip. The little bubbles tickle your tongue.
- Next, add Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, and Vodka. Typically you add 1.5 ounces of liquor to a cocktail. For this one, you may want to add 2 full ounces due to the cocktail being juice-heavy. Alternatively, you can add a little less for a Low ABV cocktail.
- Finally, shake vigorously and strain into an ice-filled glass. The gorgeous pink color will light up the room and your palate.
Recommended Cocktail Garnishes
- Orange slices – Pictured is a Star garnish made from an orange peel. I laid the peel flat and free-handed the star using a very sharp knife. I then gave it a little twist to release its oils for fragrance.
- Maraschino cherry
- Fresh cranberries
- A sprig or 2 of mint.
More Cranberry Drinks
The Cosmopolitan and the Cape Codder Ale also use cranberry cocktail juice and vodka if you want to make a variety of drinks and not just the Madras. Nothing wrong with a little variety. You may also like the Bay Breeze Cocktail.
Variations of the Madras Drink.
Equal parts orange juice and cranberry cocktail are really good mixed together. Leave out the vodka for a virgin cocktail for those that are not drinking.
This Vodka Madras is so good why not try it with other liquors like tequila? Make it a Mexican Madras by swapping out the vodka for tequila and adding some lime juice.
The Madras Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz. Vodka
- 3 oz. Orange Juice
- 3 oz. Cranberry Cocktail Juice
- Place ingredients and ice in a shaker.
- Give it a few good shakes.
- Strain into a glass over ice.
- Add garnish and serve.
- You may want to add another shot of Vodka since the Madras Drink is so juice heavy.
- Make a Madras Mocktail by omitting the vodka.
Read the article above for more Madras Cocktail tips and variations.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 4gSugar: 50gProtein: 2g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.