How to make the best RumChata cocktail. The Pineapple Coconut RumChata Cocktail. Add all the ingredients, shake then strain over crushed ice.
I bought my first bottle of RumChata and have been experimenting with it. The first few rounds of experimenting were pretty promising. I just had to figure out the right ingredients to make something delicious.
I had just cleaned up my bar and was looking over my bottles. I had a friend coming over to hang out and of course, that meant with a cocktail in hand. I grabbed ingredients that I knew were no fail.
Pineapple Juice and coconut milk. The obvious choice would be rum. I have a nice selection of rums and there the white bottle of RumChata stood out. I grabbed it with fingers crossed that I could pull off a fantastic RumChata cocktail.
Let me say this Pineapple Coconut RumChata Cocktail is rich and creamy. With that being said it is also pretty heavy. I drank three of these while filming the video. I was pretty full and buzzed after it was all said and done.
You want to get the coconut milk in the can. I personally like the brand Thai Kitchen. It needs to be unsweetened coconut milk. Before opening the can give it a good shake.
When you open the can the milk may have separated or maybe clumpy. Pour it into a microwaveable safe container or measuring cup. Heat for 20 to 30 seconds give it a good stir and it will be clump-free.
Here are two methods of crushing ice.
- Put a couple of handfuls of ice in a blender and blend for a few seconds. You don’t want to break the ice down completely.
- Get a large ziplock bag and fill it 1/3 full of ice. Take a meat tenderizer (kitchen hammer) and hammer the ice until it is crushed. It is so worth crushing the ice in this cocktail. Make sure you have straws because that crushed ice makes this drink hard to sip!
If you are making cocktails you need a cocktail shaker! The stainless steel keeps the cocktail ice cold when shaking. It is a must-have!!!
How to make Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water boiled until the sugar dissolves. If it is just two of us having a few drinks I will do half cup sugar and half cup water.
Watch me make my Pineapple Coconut RumChata Cocktail
Recipe for Pineapple Coconut RumChata Cocktail
- Crushed Ice
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 oz. unsweetened coconut milk, canned coconut milk
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 2 oz. RumChata
- Mint for garnish
- 1 barspoon crushed pineapple for garnish
- In a shaker add pineapple juice, coconut milk, simple syrup, and RumChata and a few ice cubes.
- Give it a few good shakes.
- Strain into a glass over crushed ice.
- Mint and crushed pineapple to garnish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You may also like my Coconut RumChata Pudding Shots