Cardamom Coffee Cake Bars is a snack cake flavored with coffee and cardamom then frosted with a sweetened vanilla bean mascarpone frosting and sprinkled with chopped pecans.
I love little snack cakes and this Cardamon Coffee Cake Bar is no exception. The flavors are perfect for the holiday season. If you are a snack cake fan like me, these Banana Flip Snack Cakes are perfect in the Spring.
I love drinking coffee and eating it too. Especially if it is in dessert form. These are perfect tasty little grab-and-go cakes. The mascarpone frosting with vanilla bean paste is absolute bliss.
I love these Coffee Cardamom Cake Bars, especially around the Holidays. They are so good and the flavors just go with the season.
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Frosting
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Put instant coffee crystals in the milk and set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in the coffee milk mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, cardamom, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Spread evenly into a 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Spread frosting evenly and sprinkle on the chopped pecans.
- Using a sharp knife cut into bars. Clean knife blade after every cut.
For the Frosting:
- Mix together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before frosting the bars.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Please visit all the talented food blogger participating in Christmas Week!
Recipes from Day 5 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
S’mores Christmas Crack Bars from Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies from Desserts Required
Spiced Hibiscus Cranberry Mojitos from Pineapple and Coconut
Double Chocolate Peppermint Granola from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Peppermint Truffles from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Boozy Bourbon Balls from Amee’s Savory Dish
Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake from Comfortably Domestic
Magic Cookie Bar Truffles from Farm Fresh Feasts
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from My Catholic Kitchen
Cardamom Coffee Bars with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Frosting from Daily Appetite
Christmas Swirl Bundt Cake from Savory Experiments
Pumpkin Po’e from Aloha Flavor
Cherry Brandy Old Fashioned from Food Babbles
Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies from Mind Over Batter
Chocolate Covered Snowmen S’more Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
Chocolate Covered Coconut Bon Bons from Everyday Southwest
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from CopyKat Recipes
Crock Pot Chocolate Cherry Nut Cups from Flour On My Face