The end of Summer and the beginning of Fall collide in this gorgeous thirst-quenching Cranberry and Mango Lemonade Vodka Cocktail.
The heat of this Summer has me counting down the days until it is officially Fall. Summer drinks are still in style and I am currently obsessed with Simply Mango Lemonade. So to ease into the flavor transition of Fall I picked up some cranberry cocktail juice with cocktails in mind.
We picked up mint and basil plants the day before because those plants are a Summer necessity for my kitchen and in my cocktails.
I made this new concoction of flavors and it was beautiful. I tasted the cocktail and the aroma of basil fit perfectly for this cocktail. Summer with a splash of Fall. Just like my Strawberry Basil Lemonade Vodka Cocktail basil and lemonade just go together.
Having an endless supply of fresh herbs for your cocktails is a cocktail enthusiast’s dream. Here is a list of fresh herbs to grow and garnish your own craft cocktails.
- Basil (try different varieties such as sweet or Thai)
- Lemon Thyme (see this Strawberry Prosecco Cocktail with a crown of Thyme)
Crafting the Mango Lemonade Cocktail
- Visually divide your glass into thirds.
- Fill the glass full of ice.
- First, pour in the vodka 1/3 of the way.
- Next, you will pour in the mango lemonade another 1/3 of the way. You may gently stir at this point.
- Pick an ice cube that is on top and slowly pour the cranberry juice over the ice cube.
- This will technique will give you the layers pictured above in this drink.
- Do not stir to maintain the layers.
- Gently pinch the basil leaves to release their aroma and garnish the cocktail.
- Serve immediately.
If the ice cube trick doesn’t work try flipping over a spoon and top of the first layer of juice and pour slowly. If all else fails then stir. It is still a killer-tasting Mango Lemonade Cocktail.
More Lemonade Vodka Drinks:
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade Vodka Cocktail
- Blackberry Lemonade and Vodka Cocktail
- Crown Royal Peach Lemonade
Cranberry and Mango Lemonade Vodka Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Vodka
- 2 oz Mango Lemonade, by Simply or any other brand
- 2 oz. cranberry cocktail juice
- basil leaves for garnish
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Pour in Vodka.
- Next Pour in Mango Lemonade. Gently stir.
- Slowly pour cranberry juice over one of the top ice cubes. This technique will give your cocktail the layered effect. Do not stir.
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g