The end of Summer and the beginning of Fall collide in this gorgeous thirst quenching Cranberry and Mango Lemonade Vodka Cocktail.
This post contains Amazon Affiliated Links
The heat of this Summer has me counting down the days until it is officially Fall. Summer drinks are still in style and I am currently obsessed with Simply Mango Lemonade. So to ease into the flavor transition of Fall I picked up some cranberry cocktail juice with cocktails in mind.
We have just moved to Illinois and am settling in our new home. We picked up mint and basil plants the day before because those plants are a Summer necessity for my kitchen and in my cocktails.
I made this new concoction of flavors and it was beautiful. I tasted the cocktail and the aroma of basil fit perfectly for this cocktail. Summer with a splash of Fall. Just like my Strawberry Basil Lemonade Vodka Cocktail basil and lemonade just go together.
Having an endless supply of fresh herbs for your cocktails is a cocktail enthusiast’s dream. Here is a list of fresh herbs to grow and garnish your own craft cocktails.
- Basil (try different varieties such as sweet or Thai)
- Lemon Thyme (see this Strawberry Prosecco Cocktail with a crown of Thyme)
List of favorite Lemonade Vodka Drinks:
Crafting the Cocktail
- Visually divide your glass into thirds.
- Fill the glass full of ice.
- First, pour in the vodka 1/3 of the way.
- Next, you will pour in the mango lemonade another 1/3 of the way. You may gently stir at this point.
- Pick an ice cube that is on top and slowly pour the cranberry juice over the ice cube.
- This will technique will give you the layers pictured above in this drink.
- Do not stir to maintain the layers.
- Gently pinch the basil leaves to release their aroma and garnish the cocktail.
- Serve immediately.
If the ice cube trick doesn’t work try flipping over a spoon and top of the first layer of juice and pour slowly. If all else fails then stir. It is still a killer tasting cocktail.
Cranberry and Mango Lemonade Vodka Cocktail Recipe
Cranberry Mango Lemonade Vodka Cocktail
- 2 oz Vodka
- 2 oz Mango Lemonade by Simply or any other brand
- 2 oz. cranberry cocktail juice
- basil leaves for garnish
Fill your glass with ice.
Pour in Vodka.
Next Pour in Mango Lemonade. Gently stir.
Slowly pour cranberry juice over one of the top ice cubes. This technique will give your cocktail the layered effect. Do not stir.
Garnish with basil.