Strawberry Basil Cocktail recipe with Vodka and Lemonade. A flavorful strawberry cocktail recipe using fresh strawberries and basil.
Smooth and refreshing this Strawberry Citrus Vodka Cocktail with Citron Vodka will have you sipping the day away. Actually, that is exactly what we did. We had a jug of Simply Lemonade, a crate of strawberries from a local farm, and tons of basil from the garden.
Ingredients for Strawberry Basil Cocktail
Fresh-picked strawberries from a local farm make the best strawberry cocktails.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Basil Leaves – We highly recommend you grow your own basil. It is a great little patio plant for garnishes.
- Prepared Lemonade – We used Simply Lemonade.
- Lemon, Citron, or Citrus flavored Vodka
- Optional: Lemon slices, basil, and strawberries for garnish.
How to Make a Strawberry Basil Cocktail
To make this strawberry vodka cocktail snip some basil, slice some strawberries and lemons, grab a bottle of Citron and lemonade and you’re all set!
- First, in a cocktail shaker add all the ingredients and ice. The shaker is necessary to release juices from the strawberries to achieve that pretty pink color. It also releases oils from the basil otherwise you will just have leaves floating in your drink that do nothing in terms of flavor.
- Next, strain over ice and garnish with fresh strawberries and basil.
You may also muddle the basil and strawberries together before pouring the vodka and lemonade into the glass. Just give the cocktail a good stir before serving.
- Be sure to keep a spoon nearby to scoop out those boozy strawberries after you finished your cocktail. They are so yummy. They are like a little bonus treat after the cocktail.
- Add one crank of fresh cracked pepper over the top of the cocktail. This is another layer of flavor that works amazingly well with this cocktail.
- Swap out the vodka for gin.
- Use a different variety of basil such as Thai Basil.
- Omit the vodka for a mocktail.
- Use unflavored vodka.
More Strawberry Cocktail Ideas
Strawberry Prosecco Cocktail with Thyme
Strawberry Basil Cocktail Recipe
Strawberry Basil Cocktail
Strawberry Basil Cocktail made with Citron Vodka and Lemonade
- 2 Basil Leaves
- 2 Strawberries, sliced in half
- 1.5 oz. Citrus Flavored Vodka
- 6 oz. Lemonade
- Place all ingredients and ice in a shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge, basil, and/or whole strawberry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.