Strawberry Basil Cocktail with Vodka and Lemonade. A flavorful Summer cocktail recipe using fresh strawberries and basil.
Smooth and refreshing this Strawberry Basil Lemonade Cocktail with Citron Vodka will have you sipping the day away. Actually that is exactly what we did. We had a jug of Simply Lemonade, a crate of strawberries from a local farm and tons of basil from the garden.
I have so much basil in the garden. I have one plant that is more like a bush. It is taller than my kid. With so much basil in the garden, I have been using basil nearly every day to keep it cut back.
Ingredients for Strawberry Basil Lemonade Cocktail
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Prepared Lemonade
- Lemon or Citrus flavored Vodka
- Optional: Lemon slices, basil, strawberries for garnish.
How to Make a Strawberry Basil Cocktail
Snip some basil, slice some strawberries and lemons, grab a bottle of Citron and lemonade and you’re all set!
In a cocktail shaker add all the ingredients and ice.
The shaker is necessary to release juices from the strawberries to achieve that pretty pink color. It also releases oils from the basil otherwise you will just have leaves floating in your drink that does nothing in terms of flavor.
You may also muddle the basil and strawberries together before pouring the vodka and lemonade in the glass. Just give the cocktail a good stir before serving.
- Be sure to keep a spoon nearby to scoop out those boozy strawberries after you finished your cocktail. They are so yummy. They are like a little bonus treat after the cocktail.
- Add one crank of fresh cracked pepper over the top of the cocktail. This is another layer of flavor that works amazingly well with this cocktail.
- Swap out the vodka for gin.
- Use a different variety of basil such as Thai Basil.
- Omit the vodka for a mocktail.
- Use unflavored vodka.
More Strawberry Cocktail Ideas
Strawberry Basil Cocktail Recipe
Strawberry Basil Cocktail
Strawberry Basil Cocktail made with Citron Vodka and Lemonade
- 2 Basil Leaves
- 2 Strawberries sliced in half
- 1.5 oz. Citrus Flavored Vodka
- 6 oz. Lemonade
Place all ingredients and ice in a shaker.
Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
Pour into a glass.
Garnish with a lemon wedge, basil or whole strawberry.
Content includes Daily Appetite’s Amazon Affiliate Links to market products used in making this recipe.