Instant Pot Chili rich and flavorful full of beef, hot Italian sausage, peppers, and beans. This Instant Pot Chili Recipe is ready in under 2 hours but tastes like it has been simmering all day.
There is nothing like a warm bowl of chili on a cold day. This Instant Pot Chili recipe is belly-warming and downright delicious with tons of flavor. Serve with corn chips, crackers, or on top of French Fries for Chili Cheese Fries.
Since buying my Instant Pot I haven’t made chili on the stovetop or in my slow cooker. There is just no reason. Instant Pot Chili comes out perfect and flavorful every time. This is our favorite chili made in the instant pot.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chili
The ingredient list is long but worth it! You may already have half the ingredients in your pantry.
- Ground Beef
- Ground Hot Italian Sausage
- Kidney, Pinto and Black Beans in Chili Sauce
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Poblano Peppers
- Bacon Bits
- Beef Bouillon
- Worchestershire Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Salt Pepper
Instant Pot Setting for Chili
For this recipe, I am using the DUO 6 Quart 7 in 1 Instant Pot.
First, you are going to click on “Saute” to cook the beef and sausage. Once the meat is cooked you will turn off your Instant Pot by clicking on the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
Next, after you add all the ingredients you will click on the “Bean/Chili” button and set the timer to 60 minutes.
How to Make Instant Pot Chili
Gather and Prep all ingredients. This includes dicing the vegetables and measuring out the spices.
On your Instant Pot click on “Saute”. Add ground beef and sausage and cook until no longer pink. Turn off your Instant Pot and Drain off the excess fat.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
Lock in your Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to “Sealing”.
Click on the “Bean/Chili” button and set the timer to 60 minutes. Once the Instant Pot comes to pressure the timer will start.
Once the timer is up, allow the Instant Pot to do a Natural Release. A natural release is allowing the Instant Pot to decompress on its own rather than turning the valve to “Venting”.
Once the valve drops it is now ok to remove your Instant Pot lid.
Allow Chili to simmer with the lid removed for about 10 minutes. This will allow some of the juices to steam off and the chili will thicken.
This Instant Pot Chili is now ready to serve!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Chili
- Corn Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Serve over top of French Fries
- Serve over top of a Baked Potato
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken up.
- If you are in a hurry you can set your Chili/Bean timer to 40 minutes. I have made this Chili several times using different timer settings. I have found 60 minutes to be the sweet spot for perfectly cooked veggies and full flavor.
- Look at your spice’s expiration dates. When spices expire they lose their vibrant flavor.
There can be thousands of variations for Chili. Everyone has their own special or secret ingredient. Add what you love to make it your own signature Instant Pot recipe.
Here are a few recipe variations:
- Swap out ground beef for ground turkey.
- If you don’t like a specific type of bean then double up on the bean you prefer.
- Use different chili peppers. Add extra heat with stronger spicer chili peppers.
How to Store Leftover Instant Pot Chili
Remove pot from the Instant Pot. Allow to the pot full of leftover chili cool. Once the pot has cooled use an Instant Pot Silicone Lid to cover the pot.
If you don’t have the Silicone Lid then transfer Chili to a large airtight container.
Store in the refrigerator. Chili is good for 3 to 4 days.
To Freeze Instant Pot Chili:
You can freeze Instant Pot Chili.
Transfer into an airtight container, freezer bags, or vacuum-sealed freezer bags.
Freeze Instant Pot Chili for up to 4 to 6 months.
I freeze vacuum-sealed individual portions for lunch on a chilly day!
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Ham
- Instant Pot Tamales
- Browse all of our Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
Instant Pot Chili
Flavorful Instant Pot Chili that is ready in under 2 hours!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 oz Hot Italian sausage
- 1 15.5 oz. can of Kidney Beans in Chili Sauce
- 1 15.5 oz can of Pinto Beans in Chili Sauce
- 1 15.5 oz can of Black Beans in Chili Sauce
- 1 28 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 3 oz. tomato paste half of a 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 poblano pepper diced, seeds and membrane removed
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced, seeds and membrane removed
- 2 tbsp bacon bits
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
Turn on your Instant Pot to Saute Mode. Cook ground beef and ground sausage until no longer pink. Drain excess grease. Turn off your Instant Pot
Add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
Set your Instant Pot by clicking the Bean/Chili setting. Set the timer to 60 minutes. Move valve setting to "Sealed"
Allow your Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure. Once the valve drops remove the lid and allow the chili to simmer and thicken for 10 minutes
Serve with corn chips, shredded cheddar, and sour cream.
See the above post for Instant Pot Chili recipe tips, variations, and how to store leftovers.
This post contains DailyAppetite.com Amazon Affiliate Links to market the products used in producing this recipe.