The Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot Recipe is a fruity shot that is perfect for birthdays and other celebrations that call for sweet shots.
The Pineapple Upside Down Shot is based off of the famous Pineapple Upside Down Cake that was created back in the 1920s.
One of my best friend’s birthday party was coming up and I asked her what I could bake. The desserts were covered for the party. So instead of cooking, I handled the drinks and played bartender.
I made a cute Birthday Shot Menu. They were all fun shots to make. I had cake shots, sweet shots, and this fruity shot. They were mostly vodka shots made with Fruit Juices, Kahlua, Amaretto, and Irish Cream. Everyone loves a good boozy birthday cake shot right?!
One of my favorite vodka shots of the night was this Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot. The smoothness of the vanilla vodka and the sweetness of the pineapple made it like dessert in a glass.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot Ingredients
The sweetness of the pineapple and cherry meet the creamy vanilla vodka for a smooth fruity vodka shooter! This easy shot recipe is only 3 ingredients. Here is what you need.
- Vanilla Vodka – You can also use Cake Vodka.
- Pineapple Juice – A little tip! Because you are making shots and only using 1 ounce of pineapple juice per shot. Buy the little cans of pineapple juice from Dole. They come in 6 packs in the juice aisle.
- Maraschino Cherry – I have seen this shot made with grenadine but it isn’t needed. This shot is sweet enough. Just use a maraschino cherry and a little bit of the cherry juice from the jar.
How to Make a Pineapple Upside Down Shot
This is a fun shot to make and shoot! The cherry at the end is the best.
- First, add a Maraschino Cherry with a little bit of juice to your shot glass.
- Next, in an ice-filled cocktail shaker add vanilla vodka and pineapple juice.
- Shake and strain into your shot glass.
Upside Down Pineapple Shot is so good you might want to make it into a drink! In that case we have you covered.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Drink
This pineapple upside-down cake vodka shot easily converts to a drink. Here is a how to convert this shot to a cocktail.
- 1.5 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 5 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 0.5 oz. Grenadine – like the shot, you may want to skip this ingredient and just use a little juice from the Maraschino cherry jar.
- Maraschino Cherry for Garnish
Add all ingredients except the garnish into an ice filled cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a martini glass or over ice in a high ball glass.
More Vodka Shots
Here are few more vodka shooters on Daily Appetite.
- Kamikaze Shot – A classic vodka shot recipe.
- Blue Kamikaze Shot – A variation of the original Kamikaze recipe with Blue Curacao.
- Black Russian Shot Recipe – If you love coffee you will love this shot.
Recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shots
- 2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 2 Maraschino Cherries
- Add 1 cherry to each shot glass.
- In a cocktail shaker add vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, and ice.
- Close the cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain into shot glasses.
Easily converts into a Martini.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Unsaturated Fat: 0g