Homemade Pecan Raisin Granola Recipe from scratch. Make a big batch to serve for breakfast or over vanilla ice cream.
There is nothing better than homemade granola. The store bought stuff can’t compete. Baked fresh right out of your oven will have you munching on this stuff all day.
We love this granola by itself, eaten like a bowl of cereal with milk, sprinkled on yogurt and even on ice cream. Homemade granola is addictive. We typically finish off a batch in two days.
The texture of fresh baked Homemade Granola is just amazing. It is light and crunchy.
Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Raisin Granola
*Optional mix in craisins, raisins and golden raisins.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup raisins. *I did 1/3 cup mix of craisins, raisins and golden raisins.
- On medium heat in a large saucepan add the first 4 ingredients and stir constantly until butter melts.
- Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, nuts,coconut, cinnamon and oatmeal.
- Pour mixture onto a large cookie sheet and spread the mixture evenly across the pan.
- Bake at 350F. for 25 - 27 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Pull granola out of the oven and stir in raisins.
- Store in an air tight container.
Original picture. This post was updated with new pictures on 9/16/2016