Bourbon Eggnog Cocktail. Spiked Eggnog Recipe with Bourbon Whiskey and garnished with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Make your holidays even happier with this eggnog cocktail. Deck the halls and spike your eggnog with bourbon whiskey for a fa-la-la-la good time.
Best Bourbon for Eggnog
A good 100-proof bourbon makes a fantastic spiked eggnog recipe. We recommend the following bourbons for your eggnog cocktail.
- Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond
- 1792 Bottled In Bond
For 100-proof bottles of bourbon look for “Bottled in Bond” on the label.
For lower-proof bourbons, we recommend the following.
- Buffalo Trace
- Weller Special Reserve
Ingredients Bourbon Eggnog
- Store-bought eggnog or homemade eggnog.
- Ground Cinnamon and/or Ground Nutmeg
For store-bought eggnog, we recommend Southern Comfort Vanilla Spiced Eggnog.
How to Make A Bourbon Eggnog
Take a chilled glass and pour eggnog and bourbon. Stir until blended.
Next, add any or all the garnishes.
Photographed the bourbon eggnog is garnished with a cinnamon stick, ground cinnamon, and freshly grated nutmeg.
Spiked Eggnog Variations
Eggnog and whiskey is great but here are some variations to take it up a notch.
- Add different liquor to your eggnog. Rye, brandy, or rum are all types of liquors you can put in your eggnog.
- Add ice to your eggnog cocktail.
- Top with whipped cream.
How Much Bourbon to add to Eggnog?
This will come down to the bourbon’s proof and your personal taste. If you are using 100 proof or higher bourbon start with 1 oz. bourbon to 5 oz. eggnog. Then adjust from there. In the recipe card below this is the ratio used.
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes
- 5 oz. store-bought eggnog
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- In a chilled glass add eggnog and bourbon then stir.
- Sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve.
Spiked Bourbon Eggnog
- Add ice to your cocktail to keep it cold.
- Our favorite eggnog is Southern Comfort Vanilla Spiced Eggnog.
- Add more or less bourbon to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 7g