Melt in your mouth Sausage Cheese Biscuits. These warm Sausage Cheddar Biscuits are brushed with melted butter and are as soft as a pillow.
“Breakfast on the go or breakfast for a crowd this Sausage Cheese Biscuit recipe will satisfy.”
“I made these Sausage Cheddar Biscuits the other day and my hubs took them to work. Everyone loved them and you will too!”
“They are simple to make and are ready in about 20 minutes.”
Just like those two recipes, these pillow-soft biscuits are so good that eating just one will be a challenge.
Sausage Cheddar Biscuits
I couldn’t think of a size reference for how big I shaped my dough. I wanted these to be a pretty good size since, after all, this is breakfast, not an appetizer.
When I rolled the dough it was as round as my hand being cupped. That means the dough ball was larger than a golf ball and smaller than a baseball.
Sorry for not having an exact circumference of my dough ball. How about a heaping spoonful?? When cooking; go with your gut!
Sausage Cheddar Biscuits Ingredients
- Baking Mix – A mixture of flour, salt, shortening, and baking powder. An example of a store-bought baking mix is Bisquick. I honestly prefer the Aldi brand of baking mix called “Baker’s Corner”. It makes better pancakes than Bisquick too!
- Breakfast Sausage – I used the Jimmy Dean Regular Pork Sausage that is in a roll. I cut the roll in half. Save the other half in an airtight container or vacuum seal.
- Sharp Cheddar – I don’t buy shredded bagged cheese. One thing I will take my time with is shredding cheese myself. I buy the block of cheddar and use a box grater to shred my cheese. IT JUST TASTES BETTER! Trust me on this one. Also, be sure to buy Sharp Cheddar. The flavors of Medium or Mild Cheddar will get lost in the mix. You need a strong cheese for the flavor to stand out next to the biscuit and sausage.
The melted butter is the magic ingredient that makes these melt in your mouth!
Once the biscuits come out of the oven brush the tops with melted butter and serve immediately while hot!
Storing Leftover Biscuits
I store the leftover sausage cheese biscuits in a gallon-size ziplock bag and put them in the refrigerator. They are good for up to three days.
Reheating Sausage Cheese Biscuits
Place on a microwave plate and heat for 20 seconds or until the biscuit is heated through. They will be pillow-soft just like out of the oven.
More Breakfast on the Go Recipes
Recipe for Sausage Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups Baking Mix such as Bisquick
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 lb ground pork sausage, cooked
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- fresh chopped parsley , for garnish
- In a skillet cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir baking mix, milk, cheese, and sausage together until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into balls. I rolled mine to the size that would fit in the cup of my hand.
- Bake at 450 F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the biscuits come out of the oven brush with the tops melted butter and garnish with parsley.
I couldn't think of a size reference for how big I shaped my dough. I wanted these to be a pretty good size since, after all, this is breakfast, not an appetizer.
When I rolled the sausage and cheese dough it was as round as my hand being cupped. That means the dough ball was larger than a golf ball and smaller than a baseball.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 11 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0g