This is our best bloody mary mix recipe. This Homemade Bloody Mary Mix will quickly become your favorite brunch cocktail mixer.
Whether hosting brunch or trying to cure a hangover this homemade bloody mary mix recipe is your answer.
A Bloody Mary Drink originally comes from France. A spicy and glamourous ref off the plain vodka and tomato juice. A fabulous libation that has been a staple on everyone’s brunch menu.
Whether serving the family, having friends over, or just wanting to indulge in a drink that feels like a meal. Making your own Bloody Mary Mix is the way to go. You are in control of the ingredients, Want more tabasco? No problem. Want horseradish because you aren’t scared of a little heartburn? You got it! Use this bloody mary mix recipe as a guideline.
Ingredients for Bloody Mary Mix
You can buy a premade store-bought bloody mary mix but, if you are in the grocery head down the store to the juice aisle and pick up tomato juice. You more than likely already have the other ingredients on hand. Here is what you need to make the best bloody mary mix.
- Tomato Juice
- Celery Seed
- Worcestershire Sauce
Bloody Mary Garnishes
Don’t forget to load up on Garnishes for your Bloody Mary. Start with the classic celery and olives then get fancy with peppers, bacon, and cheeses.
- Olives – The best olives for Bloody Mary are green olives. Choose either pimento, cheese, or garlic-stuffed green olives to add extra flavor to your garnish ensemble.
- Cherry or Grape tomatoes
- Hot Peppers
- Bloody Mary Rim Salt (salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder)
- Old Bay
How to Make Homemade Bloody Mary Mix
Add all the ingredients into a pitcher, or the empty tomato juice bottle, or use an empty handle of vodka. It will need a good whisk or shake to combine. We used our immersion blender because it is fun, but not necessary.
- Does Bloody Mary Mix need to be refrigerated? Yes.
- How long does Bloody Mary Mix last? This will vary. Look at your Tomato Juice bottle and look for a statement that says something to the effect of, “Good for X of days after opening.” That will give you your range.
- What is the Bloody Mary Mix to Vodka Ratio? A good ratio for a bloody mary is 1.5 oz liquor to 6 oz. bloody mary mix.
Bloody Mary Variations
Why stop at vodka in your Bloody Mary? You now have a pitcher of Bloody Mary Mix might as well get crazy.
|Classic Bloody Mary
|Bourbon Bloody Mary
- 48 oz. Tomato Juice
- 1 Tbsp and 2 tsp Celery Seed
- 1 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco
- Whisk together all the bloody Mary mix ingredients.
- Transfer to a pitcher or airtight bottle and stir or shake just before making a Bloody Mary Cocktail.
- Look for low-sodium tomato juice for a low-sodium bloody mary mix version of this recipe.
- Check your bottle of tomato juice to see how long it lasts after opening. These statements can be found on the bottle. This will help you determine how long your bloody mary mix will last.
- Tip! Store the bloody mary mix in your empty tomato juice bottle.
- A good ratio for a bloody mary is 1.5 oz liquor to 6 oz. bloody mary mix.
- See the article above for all recipe tips and a list of Bloody Mary Garnishes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.