Banana Bread Coffee Cake is a combination of your favorite banana bread and coffee cake. with a streusel topping and icing drizzle
Banana Bread Coffee Cake is a combination of your favorite banana bread and coffee cake. The streusel topping and icing drizzle compliments a hot cup of coffee.
An inviting breakfast or afternoon snack. Is it breakfast or dessert? The answer is both!
I always thought my coconut obsession was more than my banana obsession but after review, all the recipes on this blog Banana wins! You have probably heard me say, “Give me a banana and I will make dessert”, several times across social media.
Bananas are on the weekly grocery list. No banana gets wasted. If it is not just eaten as is, it is in a smoothie or some baked good.
Coffee! I have one cup in the morning and one cup in the afternoon and this banana coffee cake goes great with a cup.
The Baking Pan I used:
This banana bread coffee cake is baked in a 9×9 square baking pan and cut the cake is cut into 9 equal pieces.
If I don’t share that is 4 1/2 days of delicious noshing. However, I have to share. It is the right thing to do. Or is it????
Some may say that I got carried away with the streusel topping. Some may say it is the perfect amount. When you are layering it on using your own judgment. In some people’s opinion, less is more. (Not mine).
Anyway, my coffee is getting cold so here is the recipe.
Banana Bread Coffee Cake Recipe
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
For the Streusel:
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
For the icing
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar.
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a stand mixer mix together butter, brown sugar, vanilla, milk, eggs, and bananas.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into the stand mixer and mix until well combined.
- Butter and dust with flour a 9x9 baking pan.
- Pour cake batter into the pan and top with streusel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling make the icing.
- Once the cake has cooled drizzle icing over the cake.
- Serve with a cup of coffee.
For the Streusel Topping
- In a mixing bowl using a fork combine both sugars, cinnamon salt, and butter.
- Slowly add in flour and use continue to combine using the fork in a cutting action. This will give you that crumbly topping.
For the Icing
- In a small saucepan over low heat combine milk and sugar with a whisk.
- Continue to whisk until it turns into a nice glaze.
- You may add more milk to thin the icing's consistency.
Please read the whole recipe before starting.
The recipe has been broken down into 3 separate sections for ingredients and their directions.
- Streusel Topping
I suggest making the Streusel Topping first. Next, make the cake. While the cake is baking make the icing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 6g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.