Crock Pot Bourbon Meatballs Recipe. If you love everything about bourbon you will love this slow-cooker bourbon meatballs appetizer. Try out this recipe and bring the flavor of Bourbon cooking to your kitchen!
Of all my frozen meatball recipes for the crock pot, this one is my favorite. If you love bourbon just as much as I do then you love bourbon food recipes. These bourbon-sauced meatballs are a bourbon lovers’ heaven. Beef and Bourbon! YUM
Bourbon meatballs are flavorful and smooth. The sauce is not too heavy and is the perfect game-day food.
Best Bourbon for Meatballs
With the bourbon craze and bottles getting harder to come by stick with bourbons that are readily available. Here are our recommendations for Bourbon Meatballs.
- Buffalo Trace
- Bulleit Bourbon
- Wild Turkey
- Jim Bean
You don’t even have to buy a big bottle. Look for the mini bottles and buy a few of those.
Since we have a large collection of bourbon I will use bourbons that I don’t like. The ones that collect dust on the bottom shelf. It helps get rid of them and makes me feel less guilty.
Ingredients for Bourbon Meatballs
The bourbon sauce for meatballs is simple with only 5 ingredients:
- BBQ sauce
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
Just grab a bag of frozen meatballs and you are set. If you are a go-getter and have time make homemade meatballs!
How to Make Bourbon Meatballs
- First, add the sauce ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Next, add frozen meatballs and toss to coat with the bourbon sauce.
- Turn on your slow cooker to high and cook for one hour. Open your crockpot and toss the meatballs in the sauce again. This recoats the meatballs.
- Turn your crockpot down to low and cook for another hour.
- Remove the lid and toss the meatballs again. Get them nice and coated with the bourbon sauce.
- They are now ready to serve. You can transfer them onto a serving plate and garnish them with green onions or fresh chopped parsley.
Kentucky Bourbon Meatballs in a crockpot is a simple appetizer, potluck dish, and party food. The crockpot keeps the meatballs and bourbon sauce warm but, you can transfer them to a serving tray or plate.
Does the alcohol burn off while cooking?
Yes! The alcohol evaporates and you are left with a tasty nonalcoholic bourbon-flavored meatball.
You will not get drunk eating these bourbon meatballs.
Reheating and Storing Leftovers
Remove leftover meatballs and sauce from your slow cooker. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To reheat Bourbon Meatballs, microwave for 1 minute. Toss and microwave in 30-second intervals until bourbon meatballs are heated through.
Bourbon Meatballs can be frozen.
More Frozen Crock-Pot Meatball Recipes
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs with Grape Jelly – similar to these Bourbon Meatballs. These frozen meatballs are slow-cooked in grape Jelly, maple syrup, and sweet chili sauce.
- Crockpot Meatball Subs – This effortless easy meal takes a bag of frozen meatballs, marinara, cheese, and sub rolls, and turns it into a mouthwatering meal.
- Crock Pot Cranberry Meatballs – This crock pot meatball recipe is perfect around the holidays. Bring in the Fall flavors of Cranberry. You can add some bourbon to this recipe too!
Get all my Crock Pot Recipes for free and in 1 place!
More Recipes with Bourbon
If you love the flavor of bourbon we have you covered. Everything from cocktails to dessert!
- 15+ Tried & True Bourbon Cocktails – This is a great round-up of all our bourbon recipes including food recipes.
- Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies – Nothing tastes better than warm chocolate chip cookies and a Bourbon Neat. Try adding a splash of bourbon to your baking.
- Bourbon Candied Yams – These Candied Yams are to die for! We added a few dashes of Black Walnut Bitters that take these yams to the next level.
- Bourbon Glazed Carrots – If you have to eat carrots try them with an orange bourbon glaze!
Bourbon Meatballs Recipe
Bourbon Meatballs made with frozen meatballs and cooked in a slow cooker.
- 1.25 lbs frozen meatballs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- Pour all ingredients except for frozen meatballs into a slow cooker and stir until blended.
- Add frozen meatballs to the slow cooker. Toss and stir to coat the meatballs with bourbon sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Open the lid and stir and toss the meatballs. Cover and cook on low for another 1 hour.
- Before serving give the meatballs another toss in the sauce. Turn your slow cooker to the warm setting to keep the meatballs warm.
Use your favorite BBQ sauce. Avoid mustard or vinegar-based sauces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 2 meatballs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1.3gUnsaturated Fat: 2.1gCholesterol: 24.1mgSodium: 266.6mgCarbohydrates: 24.1gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 20.9gProtein: 7.9g