Creamy Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole is an easy casserole recipe that everyone enjoys. Serve with a side of green beans or salad for a complete dinner meal.
Ingredients for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Cooked Chicken
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Poppy Seeds
- Buttery Round Crackers, like Ritz Crackers.
How to Make Poppy Seed Chicken
Making Poppy Seed Chicken casserole starts with gathering and preparing your ingredients. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the ingredients are prepped you simply mix the chopped chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds.
Spread chicken mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
Next, toss melted butter with the crushed Ritz crackers. Spread over the top of the casserole.
Finally, bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- If you don’t have the cream of chicken soup swap it for the cream of mushroom soup.
- Add in minced garlic, diced celery, or slivered almonds for a flavor boost and texture.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. Can stay in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. The crackers do lose a bit of their crunch.
What to serve with Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole.
Make this dinner meal complete with some green veggies on the side.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Creamy Poppy Seed Casserole is made with a buttery cracker topping.
- 5 cups chopped Rotisserie or Roasted chicken, chopped
- 10½ can cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 40 Buttery cracker rounds, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds.
- Spread chicken mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Toss Ritz cracker crumbs in the melted butter. Spread the crushed crackers over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- If you don't have the cream of chicken swap for cream of mushroom soup.
More recipe tips and variations in the blog post above.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g